1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Abortion is Murder

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by OldRegular, Feb 7, 2015.

1. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, you are correct.

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes...only the flawed type of birth control is "man"dated by them....subsequently we have full families of 10,12,15 kids in traditional Catholic families.

3. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is the Catholic opinion about this important?

4. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not important to us Baptists but Salty was correct. Perhaps I should have said, "That's a viewpoint you don't see around here", or some such.

5. JamesL

JamesL Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nope. That's not what I'm essentially saying. I'm saying this....

IF GOD DID NOT DIRECT YOU to use birth control measures, and you're just flippantly ordaining your own path with no regard for God

Or if you're led by a fear of financial burden instead of trusting God to be sovereign

If you simply want to run your own life, it is sin - regardless of whether it manifests itself in abortion or preventing pregnancy in the first place

6. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The flip side of this is: IF GOD DID NOT DIRECT YOU to have children then you're just flippantly having relations with your spouse with no regard for God. Is that a true statement?

Where does this argument run out of gas? Why not require everyone to give 90% of their earnings to the church? Anything less means a person has a fear of financial burden instead of trusting God.

There is a vast difference between having an abortion and trying to not get pregnant.

Tell me, when a married person gets "in the mood" to have relations, is that urge from God? Or does it originate within humans?

7. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

So you set yourself up as jury and judge!

8. OldRegular

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

We can take this idea of "taking life into our hands" with regards to controlling birth to our whole lives and then things begin to not make sense. Why wear seatbelts? If we are going to die in an accident, let's just die. Why have our children wear helmets and look when they cross the road? Why learn to drive a car properly?

In our case, I've had 4 c-sections and will be 50 in a few months. My fertility is intact as far as we know and honestly, a c-section at 50 years old does frighten me. We are greatly blessed with our children and fought long and hard to have each of them and so I will be happy with what I have, steward what I have and begin to move on into the next season of life with grace. God could easily cause me to have a child should He wish. While we ARE actively preventing a pregnancy (nothing permanent), the methods we use are not 100% effective although they are pretty good. Should God choose to give us another child, I'd be shocked, probably struggle a bit and then I'd welcome another little one into my arms. But I do hope the next little one I hold in my arms are grandchildren and not children. :)

10. OldRegular

Ann,

Grandchildren are special. They make growing old much easier!:godisgood:

11. OldRegular

Ann,

Got two little great granddaughters last night. God is Good!:godisgood:

12. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every January since in entered the ministry in 1992. I don't have a megachurch nor do we send out press releases but the message is preached.

Let me tell you about Kim and Wes. Wes drives a milk tanker, Kim works at the bank, attend the church I pastor and I've been involved with most of the family events - marrying and burying - over the 20 years or so I've been here. One Sunday after church Kim and her husband Wes asked if we could take a walk through the cemetery out back of the church.

We chatted a bit as we made our way up the hill toward the family plot. I'd buried Wes's dad a few years before so I knew where we were headed. We looked over the stones and shared a few memories of other folks up on the hill. "There is a marker missing here," Kim said. It belongs to our baby.

I knew both of their kids. Baptized both of them, officiated both their weddings and got to see the first grandchild when he was two days old. What I didn't know was when Wes and Kim were teenagers they danced the horizontal polka in the cab of Wes's pick up and Kim got pregnant. Kim had an abortion and the secret stayed with the two of them for almost 30 years.

The previous January I had preached from Psalm 139 and for 5 months Wes and Kim re-lived what they had done so many years before. To make a long story short they named the baby, had a marker made and four generations of family gathered as Kim and Wes told the story of their oldest child so fearfully and wonderfully made. More importantly, they continue to tell their story.

Sure, they will never make it to TV but they do an important ministry to folk from their kitchen table. Kim jokes that there must be an invisible sign above her teller station that says Tell me about your crisis pregnancy because they do! I don't know the exact number of young women they've help. God does and there are young people who are alive today because their testimony. They talk freely,not only the powerful conviction of the Holy Spirit, but the wonderful power of Mercy and Grace.

13. OldRegular

Sadly many young girls or women are conned or forced to have an abortion by their parents. My wife worked for years at a Pregnancy Care Center and this was a common story. But God is a merciful God!

14. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Wonderful!! Blessed my soul!!

:jesus::godisgood::jesus::godisgood:

15. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Sounds like 'Gramps' got 'Grampier'. Or is it 'Grumps' got 'Grumpier'? Lullz. I kid, I kid...

:D :smilewinkgrin: :saint:

16. The American Dream

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I lived in WV, that would be funny.