1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

abortion

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Clean1, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

I know that this was a topic that was previously posted but I thought that u guys would like to know this little fact and how far America has gone down.
    Does anyone know what city in the U.S. that has around 42 million people? Possibly Mexico City. Does anyone recall what happend in January of 1973? This is the date that America signed its death warrant; allowing the murder of babies...abortion.In just 33 years there have been almost 42 million and 8 thousand abortions. Think about it... that is almost as big as the largest city in the U.S. and possibly in the world. It sickens me to hear how people are saying how far America has come. Look at what is happening around us people! And we wouldn't have to worry about abortion if all these teenagers weren't sleeping around.
    In Christ,
    Clean1

2. andross

andross New Member

If America was every a Christian nation it nolong is. Christians should be ashamed of themselves for letting America get this far from God. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

i agree. there is a verse in the Bible somewhere and it talks about what will happen to a nation if it denies or wanders from God. May God show great mercy upon our nation.

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's a kind of Molech worship, killing babies in exchange for their own happiness and pleasure.
    I like Psalm 139:13-16

Dt 18:10, 12:31

5. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

Very true Eliyahu, I agree.

6. KCLorelei

KCLorelei New Member

I'm not a young adult (an old lady of 42! [​IMG] ) but couldn't help peeking in on this thread as the topic is close to my heart.

I agree, abortion is horrible, isn't it? Sounds like you all have very strong opinions on the subject. Did you know, statistically, that the abortion rate among those claiming to be Christian is about the same as the abortion rate among the lost? With that many abortions, most likely you know somebody who has had one, or has paid for one, even if you don't know they did because it isn't something that gets talked about easily.

Do you mind a question from an older lady?

How are you younger adults getting involved in helping turn these teenagers away from their destructive lifestyles? Ever consider reaching out to these kids instead of, well, talking unkindly about them? Example, does your college have any ministries reaching out to the lost teens in your community? Or, have you ever considered becoming a volunteer at a crisis pregnancy center?

You know, those centers really could use godly younger men and women, to come alongside and mentor these young dads and moms (most of whom simply have no clue about what's right, kind of like the Ninevites that God sent Jonah to preach to) and teach them a better way of living.

It's awesome how many teens AND their parents, too, are won for Christ, and turn their lives around, through that kind of outreach ministry. [​IMG]

Well, that's my 2 cents worth of opinion. I hope I didn't offend anybody [​IMG] But I am curious how the college crowd reaches out for the lost in their surrounding communities.

(um, btw, Clean1, Mexico City isn't part of the U.S., last time I checked - I homeschool so please pardon the teacher in me :D )

7. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Did I really read this correctly?

Next thing you know, you'll be telling us Puerto Rico is part of the US. [​IMG]

8. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

Oh... never mind about Mexico City. I was tired when I wrote this... i think. [​IMG] Sorry guys. I would reach out to those who are thinking of abortion but since i go to a private Christian school i don't have the opportunity to do that. I wish I did though. Lorelei... im sure that you didn't affend anyone and don't be worried if you do. If what you are saying is aligned with the Bible it doesn't matter what others think! OH... and once again thanx for correcting me! [​IMG]

9. momgenet

momgenet New Member

Yes, C1!
    You may go to a Christian school, but did you read closely what Lorelei said? The abortion rate among "Christians" is about the same as non-Christians. That means when you sit down in class (you never know the hearts of people) you may be sitting very close to someone who has had an abortion!
    Just something to think about! :confused:

10. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I know several "Christians" who have had abortions. One aborted twins. [​IMG] She was my best friend in high school, just as active as I was in the youth group. Her dad was a deacon. She was 26 when she did that, and when she told me I was heartbroken. I would have raised those babies.

I knew another girl that had an abortion, grew up in the church too. Its definitely a problem in the church.

11. Scarlett O.

Scarlett O. Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, sweetie, I taught for 22 years in the public school system and now I am teaching a very strict Christian school. It's a good school and a reputable school that really teaches the Bible.

But the kids that I am teaching now face the same problems and crises that my public school kids did.

Many of them listen to the same music, watch the same movies, and have the same problems with their parents as public school kids. There are a handful of high school kids at this Christian school that I suspect of being sexually active.

Christian schools, good Christians schools, are a privilege and very desirable.

But they do not protect you from making mistakes in life, even having abortions. All they do is provide you with a regular opportunity to hear the gospel and give you a Bible background to help in your decision-making.

And not everyone who gains Bible knowledge puts that Word in their hearts.

Not all girls in public school are pro-choice.

Not all girls in Christian schools are pro-life.

The two groups are just not that black and white.

12. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

So true. I also teach at a private Christian school, and I can ditto exactly what Scarlett has said.

13. Clean1

Clean1 New Member

Let me rephrase my words here. I am the oldest in my school the next oldest being 14 years old. My Christian school only has 13-14 kids in it. I know for a FACT that there is no one who has had an abortion. The next oldest person in my school is my best friend Chrissy and she is NOT the type of person who sleeps around or thinks, breathes, or talks boys. She isn't that type of person. I've known her since I was 2-3 years old and I know her very very well. The next oldest girl is only 12. Yes I know that us Christians face the very same problems and temptations unsaved folk do.