1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About forwards

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Gina B, Dec 8, 2002.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Kathy: I am beside myself upset about this situation. It is a BLATANT misunderstanding. This is MY e-mail address and I have absolutely NO REASON to do this to ANYONE much less Gina. Had I seen her pleas for me to stop forwards (and who here doesn't forward funny jokes and nice Christian stories??), I would have done so IMMEDIATELY.

Gina: I apologize for the misunderstanding. Just goes to show that if you don't read regular e-mails, how much can you expect others to read forwards? :eek:

Kathy: In case you haven't noticed, I don't frequent the baptist board like I used to. As far as "laden with viruses" goes, I PAY to keep Norton Anti-Virus current and it updates DAILY. This misunderstanding should be cleared up privately and not PUBLICLY...this thread is absolutely humilitating and degrading...I thought Gina was my friend ESPECIALLY when we exchanged e-mail addresses.

Gina: The problem may be with another person on your list picking it up and sending it. Or not. Maybe Norton isn't picking it up on yours. I don't know, which would explain why I e-mailed you PRIVATELY about it in the past.

Kathy: I would NEVER EVER intentionally "spam" someone (I don't even know what that is) nor would I intentionally try to infect someones computer with a virus!!!

Gina: When I posted that I was being spammed, I had received 3 more forwards listed as coming from you, all containing viruses. I found the timing odd. Perhaps just a fluke, and since you say you wouldn't do that I believe you and apologize for assuming it was done on purpose.

Kathy: The most compelling evidence that this MISUNDERSTANDING is not intentional is the fact that ALL OF MY PERSONAL information is out in the open for all to see and even more so now on a PUBLIC FORUM (thank you for that by the way).

Gina: All of your public information is not out on the board. All that is out there is your server's name and your town. A zillion people have the same server. Nobody knew who it belonged to, and apart from that, you may want to take some extra safety measures for your own privacy because the accompanying information I sent you via pm was very easy to get a hold of.

Kathy: When I finally get ahold of the webmaster I will ask him to remove me from the Baptist Board completely because this is one HARD COLD lesson to learn! And JohnV...I don't even know who you are much less know your e-mail address, so if you received an e-mail from me, forward it back, I'd like to see it...it won't happen tho cuz it DOESN'T EXIST!

Gina: Do what you feel you must. If I have exactly who you are correct (the one with the good sense of humor) I'd urge you to continue to share, even if you change your name and information. I'm sorry for causing you any embarrassment or anger, I was upset over the situation and did not understand why I wasn't being responded to.

Kathy: Whoever said this was sad is right...it's sad that this could happen to a person (like me - the "loser") when I never did anything wrong. Thanks for the life lesson!

Gina: Ok, now let's stop for a minute and look at it a little more rationally.
    You are NOT a loser, if I remember right you've contributed quite a bit to this board and you're well liked. However, you did NOT read my e-mails, which does contribute to the loser factor, but only on a scale of 1 on a scale of one to ten of loseriness. (Keep in mind that people who actually read them score a nine)
    Now, I've overreacted in anger over the e-mails, and I'm sorry, that was wrong. Knowing how you have acted in the past, this would be very out of character for you. So yeah, the more I think about it, the more I realize that the thread was out of line and I'm the one who should be labelled a loser and not you. :( So maybe I should also say I'm sorry to the others who responded to it.
    So, Kathy, stay who you are, keep posting, and you have my full permission to disagree with every post I make for the next 67 posts, and I hope not only you but the other members will forgive me for my poor judgment.
    Please say it's a deal!
    Gina

2. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Look--> [​IMG] I am wearing this just for you, to show you I am coming to you in complete humbleness. [​IMG]
    Gina

Edited to add that you have to look really close because the white isn't showing up too well, but it's a veil!

[ December 08, 2002, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Chrysoprasus ]

3. Kathy

Kathy New Member

Thank you Gina, I appreciate your post. I'm sorry I got so angry, I guess I just got freaked out by the whole thing...I hate that virus stuff and I would never do something like that because these computers sure ain't cheap (I'm still paying for mine).

I have no need to change my identity because I still believe in the inherent good of people, especially on a Christian website.

Well, I'm sorry you felt I wasn't responding to you, like I said, I don't frequent the BB like I used to but I do try to read my e-mail on a regualar basis, which is how I found out about all of this...I received the private message notification!! LoL

Well, I'm glad this is all over, again I'm sorry I got so angry...

Kathy
    <><

4. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

[​IMG]

Now you both have to admit, that icon is just too funny!

Hugs to both. Now lets eat!

Sherrie

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you Kathy. [​IMG]
    What are we eating Sherrie? I'm STUFFED! I just ate fried garlic, threw in a little shrimp for flavoring (LOL) and followed it up with a fried croissant! Had I known YOU had food I wouldn't have cooked!
    Gina

6. Sherrie

Sherrie New Member

mmmmmmmmmm......shrimp.

Sherrie