1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About Tea Party Members

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Mar 22, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Salty,
    I cannot speak for the Tea Party nationwide, and we have talked about this before, but the greatest example of the Tea Party vs the Republican establishment in Kentucky is our two Senators.

I have voted for Mitch McConnell many times, but have grown to like him less and less with the passage of time. Next election will be the first time in either the primary or general election he will not get my vote. Besides him being a large government, big spender, the straw that broke the camel's back was the election of Rand Paul.

When Rand Paul ran in the Kentucky Republican Primary, Mitch McConnell actively supported his opponent. Rand won handily. Then in the general election, Mitch basically stayed quiet, and Rand won with 58% of the vote. Rand has voted for true spending cuts since his election, while Mitch McConnell continues to make empty speeches and voting like a Democrat.

There is a bigger gap between our two Republican Senators than some Democratic and Republican Senators. It is my sincere hope that Mitch McConnell is defeated in the primary next year.