1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About these TV shows

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Salty, Nov 29, 2008.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I love those framed Bible verses that we buy at stores and can hang up on our walls to remind us of what God's Word tells us about various things.

A good framed Bible verse we can hang on our walls just above all of our TV sets would be this:

"I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes" -- Psalm 101:3a

2. superwoman8977

superwoman8977 New Member

Okay heres my take on TV. I have a 10 yr old and 6 yr old and TV in our home is a reward for getting baths, clothes and stuff ready for school the next day as well as cleaning after dinner and keeping up the house. We have cable because that is our luxury after a hard day at work and school. I dont put alot of limits on what the kids can watch and cant, right now the only things not allowed in the house are like Pokemon and Yugi-Oh and whatever the heck Bakugon is. I dont worry about what they watch as they know what real and fantasy is and I love watching shows Like House and NCIS and CSI and ER and all those. We also love watching Food Network and have that on alot. My 6 yr old loves the show Unwrapped and How did that get on my plate? and especially Iron Chef. Tv for us is enjoyment, and our form of entertainment. During the month of December there are tons of Christmas movies on and we seem to watch alot of those.

3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thought I would bump this up, since we have had some new members in the past 6 weeks or so.

4. Nicholas25

Nicholas25 New Member

My wife and I do not have children, but I watch sports, sports, and the Andy Griffith Show.

5. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

No shows banned. Shows / channels we watch:
    • House
    • King of the Hill
    • Family Guy
    • Desperate Housewives
    • Clean House
    • Jeopardy
    • Everybody Loves Raymond reruns
    • Seinfeld reruns
    • Meet the Press