1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

About Todd Akin

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Salty, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a yes or a no?

2. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

And your point would be..............??????

3. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

It is lying to say Akin supported rape!

That is what the Spanish Inquisitors always say!

Crabtownboy you are lying again. When have I ever supported cutting meals on wheels? Incidentally if you know someone who is hungry it is your Christian duty to feed them.

I am not defending Akin and I will not vote for him as you do abortionists. I am simply saying the over reaction by some is comparable to the Inquisition!

4. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am only using your illogical logic.

Will you continue your illogical logic? As long as you do so I will do so.

Defending Akin is defending rape ... again just using your illogical logic.

5. OldRegular

Crabtownboy you vote for abortionists and have defended that vote on this Forum saying there are bigger issues like welfare, taxing the rich, etc.

Your childish mantra above is an admission that you have done so and will continue to do so!

6. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Politicians survive by pandering. Sometimes in the midst of that pandering they trip over their tongues.

I reckon that's what happened here. Imho of course.

Got a question for ya Crabby how is that liberals seem to feel justified in accusing conservatives of not caring enough for the poor? When was the last time a liberal helped the poor without first confiscating the money of a conservative by government force to do it?

Conservatives give from the heart, liberals give what they force from other's pockets.

Who cares for the poor more?

#46 poncho, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  7. OldRegular

Poncho! Poncho! Poncho!

It is called the Robin Hood Syndrome! All liberals are afflicted with it. This problem was first noticed; well to tell the truth I don't know. But its has been around since the first liberal was conceived; therefore, it must be genetic.

Now how does this sickness manifest itself. I suspect as toddlers they are always whining Mine, Mine, Mine! It gets worse with maturity; sorry shouldn't use that word, they don't mature. It gets worse with age. Mine! becomes "what is Mine is Mine" and "part of what is yours belongs to the poor folks", and they will use the boss man [That is pore folk talk for the govment!] just in case!

Now Poncho they can't help it. I told you this "sickness' was genetic, caused by one of them mutations I think. Except this time it backfired and we got "Robin Hood Syndrome"!

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

The Robin Hood Syndrome? That kinda puts ole Robin in a a bad light don't ya think? Robin was a champion of individual rights. Liberals would gladly use government force to sacrifice Robin today for the good of the many.

The sickness that liberals today suffer with is called collectivism. I doubt Robin would have any part of that. He only stole from the rich to give back what the rich had been stealing from the poor.

I do see your point though. Liberals would love to be considered the new Robin Hoods.

#48 poncho, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2012
  9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is that a yes or a no?

10. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Make your point or be quiet, I have no time for stupidity

11. OldRegular

You are probably thinking of the old Errol Flynn Robin Hood. His person has been changed dramatically to conform to the collective mentality of the time. Once it was "give me liberty or give me death". Now it is "give me half", me being the collective government, and you make do on what is left; and don't worry about the poor folks!

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your refusal to answer a simple question has made the point for me.

13. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron -- yes, God would call it whoredom. What do we call what the 45-year old man did?

14. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are going to vote for a person who wants to cut social programs for the sick and elderly. Thus according to your illogical logic you support letting the sick die and the elderly starve. I am only using your illogical logic here.

You seem unable to see that a person can support one candidate over another without embracing all of what that person supports. This means you, as I have said, support rape, starvation of the elderly, no help for the uninsured sick, and no help for children of very poor people and single mothers.

Old, I am only using your logic. You do not seem to like it when your logic is turned and used on you.

You have defended Akin saying he should not be attacked. Thus, using your logic, you are defending rape. When you stop you illogical logic to attack me I will stop using your illogical logic to show how poor your logic is.

You are the one who started and continues to use such illogical logic. Stop using it and we can have a rational discussion.

Cheers.

15. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

I didn't refuse to answer the question, the answer is obvious. I simply asked you to make your point...which you've refused to do. You obviously don't have one....which is what I suspected from the beginning.

16. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

:BangHead: Whoa, whoa, whoa....back up the truck Chuck (forgive me for derailing this thread for one itty bitty moment all)

Republicans do NOT want to cut Medicare and Social Security. OBAMA, on the other hand, wants to euthenize sick and elderly through his Obamacare....that seems FAR worse to me. (BTW, what did retired folks do before FDR???)

I now return you to your regularly scheduled debate.

17. targus

targus New Member

Did I miss something?

Did Akin rape someone?

Did Akin defend rape?

Did Akin advocate in favor of rape?

Crabby really does need to develope some critical thinking skills.

18. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he is engaging in whoredom, then adulterer, fornicator, whoremonger—take your pick. But is rapist an accurate term?

19. OldRegular

And the solution of Obama , the leftist democrat elites, and Crabtownboy:tear: to the problems of the country is:

1. Slaughter the unborn, reducing the population! Those children born alive after a botched abortion, to the dumpster with them!

2. Selective sex abortions. They apparently believe that women are less valuable than men; are a bigger drag on the economy. Talk about misogyny!

3. And then there is the 15 member death panel. These folks are going to pick up where the seven black robed servants of Satan left off in 1973. Obama, the leftist democrat elites, sadly supported by Crabtownboy:tear:, are just going to let all the old folks on Medicare die. Perhaps they will provide a DVD with soft music and sheep jumping over a fence like the movie "Soylent Green" as they perish, but that is all!

#59 OldRegular, Aug 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2012
  20. OldRegular

:wavey::thumbs::laugh:

I believe the "truck" has flattened "Chuck"!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.