1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abraham sends for a bride for Isaac

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by RTG, May 17, 2005.

1. RTG

RTG New Member

I have enjoyed reading you alls posts in the Abraham offered up Isaac Topic.I would be interested to here your thoughts on the topic of Abraham sends for a wife for Isaac.

2. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

Isaac and Rebekah – Portraits of Jesus and the church.

It is interesting that we have no record of Isaac ever coming down from the mountain (it’s like he disappears). He is not even mentioned at his mother’s funeral. In fact we don’t read about him until Gen. 24:62 when he comes to meet his bride. Isn’t this a wonderful portrait of Christ? Like Isaac, Christ disappeared (when He ascended into heaven)...and will reappear to meet his bride, the church!

3. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I like the idea that Abraham gave his servant this certain "criteria" in order to find Rebekkah---and upon finding her---then there was to be an invitation---a "calling" if you would from the servant to Rebekkah to "come" with him to his Master's house!!!

Thats a picture of the Holy Spirit's "calling" to us for salvation found only in the Lord Jesus Christ---we cannot be saved unless there is a "calling" in our lives for repentance and salvation!!

Then the servant offers the invitation---and Rebekkah accepts(receives) the invitation to marry Isaac----"sight unseen"----I mean, she hasn't even "layed eyes" on the dude yet---but yet she's willing to go-----she "loves him" without even laying eyes on him!!! I mean, the little lady just moves forward by faith---believing all that the servant has to say about his Master's son!!!

What a picture of our love for the Lord Jesus Christ---"Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom,though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory."--1Peter 1: 8

4. richard n koustas

richard n koustas New Member

What a picture of of the church's faith. Rebekah went with Eliezer, a man she did not know, to a far country (knowing that she's probably leaving for good), to marry a man she never met!
    Amen!