1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Abstain Against CTB

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by saturneptune, Jul 30, 2012.

1. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

So, in only 40 posts (including my rant in #35!!) we've managed to turn a "Boycott Cooper TB" into a "Boycott Obama" one. Not bad at all.

Actually, when you really sit down and think about it for a while you'll come to realize what a amazing genius Mr. Obama really is. Name me one other POTUS in our history that could have thought up a sure-fire way to keep any one in his right mind from actually wanting to follow through to the end a successful assassination attempt of the president than what Obama has done.

After all....you kill me....then you get BIDEN!!

Brilliant!

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

That is one way of looking at it! I just never thought he was that smart. Now we know why Hillary was, and still is, out.

3. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Should someone wish to, as the "Car Talk" guys so aptly put it, "waste a perfectly good hour" (or so), I suggest he/she do some research into the lives, statements and actions of some of the VPOTUS's that this republic has had down through the years.

After reading about some (most?) of them, I've come to the realization that, had it not been for God's "permissive will" (not to mention His longsuffering!), by now, the US probably would have been a lot worse off today than it really is.

Although some of them did make some positive contributions, many of them had...shall we say..."quite colorful" outlooks on a lot of areas of the human experience(s).

4. OldRegular

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Truman rose to the occasion though as VP he apparently was ignored!

5. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

Does Whitehouse only buy Cooper Tires?

6. OldRegular

:sleep::sleep:Speak up S/N you started this thing!:smilewinkgrin::smilewinkgrin:

7. mont974x4

mont974x4 New Member

I just hope Obama doesn't buy them out. I do like their tires and would hate for them to go under.

8. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Yes, indeed, he was so ignored that, while (prior to being FDR's last VP) serving as chairman of a congressional committee investigating suspicious "secret" expenditures of the War Department during WW2, he was, in so many words, told by the FDR administration not to pursue his repeated attempts to see why so much money was secretly funneled into something called "The Manhattan Project," i.e., the top-secret project that led to the development of the atomic bomb.

In so many words, top FDR/War Dept. officials approached Truman telling him, in essence, "You'll just have to trust us on this....We're doing whatever it is that we're doing on this for the good of not only all Americans, but for all of the peoples of the United Nations (code for "our allies")."

Not that I'm particularly a fan of any given POTUS since George Washington, but, I'd be very curious how far that same explanation would hold in today's political environment.

Say what you like about Elenor Roosevelt, but she hit it right on target when, in response to the newly sworn in (after spending only a few months as VP) President Truman's words of condolence over the passing of her husband, "While I appreciate your prayers over my loss, it's YOU who needs prayer for it's YOU who's now in big trouble!"

The next person to take Truman aside was the Secy of War who then revealed to the new CINC of our military what the Manhattan Project was all about.