1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Academic dishonesty (CHEATING)

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by ckm49er, Apr 5, 2005.

1. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

In my Economics class I had another student who cheated off of me I didnt know until today when I went into class and my professor told me that he was very disappointed. I did not know that this student had copied my test until he told me what happened but he said that both of us are at fault. What should I do?

2. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Chris, I'm not a youth but may I suggest you approach the person who cheated off your paper and ask them to speak to the professor to clear your name?

I'm so sorry this happened and hope it can be 'fixed'. Maybe some of our professors or teachers have better suggestions.

Diane

3. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

My mom is a teacher and she would only punish the cheater it is not your fault that he could not keep his eyes on his own paper. I would talk to the teacher and ask him is there any other way for him to deal with the problem. And pray about it.
    Kristen

4. God'sMusicGirl07

God'sMusicGirl07 New Member

I know what you are feeling. When I was in 7th grade after I turned my test in I got my book out and read. About 20 mins later my friend said you got a 0 on the test. I was shocked why I studied! A girl had got my paper out of the basket to copy it but got caught with it at her desk. I went to the teacher and explained and she just punished the girl who took my paper.
    So maybe you could try to explain it to him agian. Let him know that you had no idea he was cheating. I hope everything works out for you!

5. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

Well the problem is that the teacher wasnt present during the test (he has a habit of leaving and going to his office) a girl said that she saw us cheating and when the prof had compared our test he found a few of the same wrong answers. So is it even fair for him to make judgement based upon what that one girl said?

6. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I would not make that judgment. Can you go to anyone else about this problem?
    Or is this something that has to be taken care of between you and the teacher.
    Kristen

7. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

Im not really sure ive never cheated or have been accused of cheating, I emailed my prof to make and appt with him but he hasnt replied.

8. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

I hope it all works out for you.

9. Kayla

Kayla New Member

You should ask him to retake the test. And to make the other student retake the test.

10. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Actually the other guy shouldn't get to retake the test.

11. ckm49er

ckm49er New Member

Well he has come to the conclusion that I did not cheat. He looked at our past record and this student already has a few counts of "Academic Dishonesty" and i have none. Then my test average is an A and he hasnt passed a test yet (except for the one that he cheated on)

12. woodyR

woodyR New Member

well thats good news

13. Ishouldbhappy

Ishouldbhappy New Member

Thats really good news