1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acclaimed fossils might not depict human evolution

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by Humble Disciple, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Acclaimed fossils might not depict human evolution

This is the most stunning admission for the lack of evidence for human evolution that I’ve ever read. The author presents his own alternative, the aquatic ape theory, which he admits cannot be demonstrated by fossil evidence.

It seems really desperate that he would even present an alternative to the mainstream view, while admitting that it cannot be supported by the evidence, just to maintain his belief in human evolution.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Intriguing. The Aquatic Ape Conjecture does seem to take it even further than Gould’s Punctuated Equilibrium.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have been a firm believer than man did not evolve from fish, lizards or apes. Different species each time. And IMO that includes "Lucy" and their off spring.

4. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should A Christian believe in evolution?... Since creation man has not evolved he has devolved!... As I heard a preacher say... I know for a fact according to God and scripture, that I had no ancestors swinging from the trees but I might have had quite a few hanging from them:eek:... Brother Glen:)

5. Centrist

Centrist Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not saying anyone should believe anything. You can believe anything you want. I'm just commenting on my theory of evolution.
    Sorry to hear of your family's demise. I'll have you in my prayers that you only get 20 to life....:Whistling

6. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well I glad to hear that but I've been on here upteen years but I'm sure you know there are Christian Evolutionist on this board... I believe in Scientific Creationism and never gave evolution a passing thought... Blessings... Brother Glen:)

7. Humble Disciple

Humble Disciple Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The two main reasons why I don't believe in evolution, other than the lack of evidence, are that the Bible says we were created from the dust of the ground, not from an ape-like ancestor, and because there's no way to draw the line of when humans became fully evolved, morally conscious, and spiritual beings.

This doesn't mean, however, that I believe earth is less than 10,000 years old, which isn't taught anywhere in the Bible. Christian geologists discovered the earth's antiquity before Darwin was even born.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fossils are a testimony to death and destruction NOT the origin of life

there should be tens of thousands of transitional life forms

after 160 yrs, we cannot find 1

• Winner Winner x 1