1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

According to Dave Hunt, It's a Good Thing That I was Arminian First...

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Monergist, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Monergist

Monergist New Member

...otherwise, I would be a hell-bound heretic.

Answering a question from a reader in his Bearean Call newsletter:

2. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Who's Dave Hunt? :cool:Calvin too.

john.

3. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Monergist;
    Do you believe that men are predestined to hell and in no circumstances could they ever have any hope for Salvation?

If so you base this belief on a supposed scenario by Paul, and not biblical fact.

May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;

Mike

4. hamricba

hamricba New Member

care to share this supposed scenario with all the rest of us? Do tell.

5. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Don't see you around much Mike. Why don't we try to get on? I'm willing to go through things with you over an extended period if you want.

Let's share our lives with one another, maybe we can find respect for each other in our own failings.

john.

6. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The "PATH" is "straight and narrow", you can step off the path on either side, but regardless of which side you step off, you're still "OFF THE PATH".

There's "Truth/Error" in both Calvinist/Arminian, "RIGHTLY DIVIDING" takes you down the "MIDDLE", so you're not off on either side.

7. Monergist

Monergist New Member

8. Monergist

Monergist New Member

Hi Mike,

There's what Calvinism is and there's what people like Hunt say Calvinism is.

The two shall never meet.

9. here now

here now Member

Hi JohnP,
    Dave Hunt is not a Calvinist.

10. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Me4Him nice to meet you.

I'm afraid there cannot be a middle ground. Either God is Sovereign or man is. Both cannot be.

Hello Monergist.

I've heard his name on BB but I've no idea what he wrote.
    This Marvelous Piece of Brilliant Historical and Scriptural Refutation of Sound Doctrine.

What Love Is This? Calvinism's Misrepresentation of God

Cool man. :cool: And only $16.00 not bad. 10 pints of beer? I'll go for the beer then a? Do me better I suppose.

john.

11. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello here now.

Hi JohnP,
    Dave Hunt is not a Calvinist.

I gathered that thanks but if you could explain why I put 'Calvin too' I would be obliged cause I don't know why? Time for bed I think. :cool:

john.

12. here now

here now Member

[​IMG] I wish I could help you out, but I don't have a clue. Your probably right, it's time for [​IMG] .

13. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

God is sovereign in "certain areas", but "WHOSOEVER WILL" is a "CHOICE" man makes, not God. (rightly dividing)

God is no respecter of persons, one sinner is just as sinful as the next.

God loved the whole world, Jesus didn't come to condemn sinners, (world) and died for the sins of the "whole world" that the "whole world "MIGHT BE" SAVED, since God isn't "WILLING" that any should perish.

But sad to say, many do perish in spite of the will/work of God/Jesus.

The "SALVATION" of the "SECOND ADAM" applies as "EQUALLY" as the "CONDEMNATION" of the "FIRST ADAM".

1Co 15:22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.

Ro 5:18 Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life.

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

OBEDIENCE/DISOBEDIENCE on the part of the person determines their final destination.

14. johnp.

johnp. New Member

Hello Me4Him.

God is Sovereign. How can God be Sovereign and not be Sovereign? Rightly dividing?

Of course sinners are sinners but some sinners are loved by God and some are hated.
    RO 9:10 Not only that, but Rebekah's children had one and the same father, our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad--in order that God's purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls--she was told, "The older will serve the younger." 13 Just as it is written: "Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated."

1CO 13:4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. 8 Love never fails...

Then His love failed to protect because many end up in Hell. Is this what you believe? That God's love has failed many?

Your Sovereignty isn't up to much is it?

Your god might be feeble but my God died for me and He will save His people from their sins. Matt 1:21.

And you find yourself in the one has you find yourself in the other, not due to your choice.

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God-- 9 not by works, so that no one can boast. 10 For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

Php 1:6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

john.

15. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hamricba;
    Certainly.

Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to show his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

The word "If" makes this statement a supposed scenario. It's the only verse that suggest that any are created for destruction.

Mike

16. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Monergist;
    Maybe he just knows more about Calvinism than you do. You see it from a very narrow view. Dave Hunt looks at it from a much broader view. There are as many different types of Calvinist as you have fingers and toes. None agree totally.

I wonder why you wouldn't answer my question about those supposedly predestined to destruction.

Mike

17. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Dave Hunt is a documented liar on this topic. The fallacies of his book have been shown in numerous places. He is not to be trusted.

18. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Is it the "person" God hates or their "Sins"??

God, throught his "Foreknowledge", hated Esau for selling his "BIRTHRIGHT", suppose Esau had not committed that sin, God would have denied him his "RIGHTFUL BIRTHRIGHT", through "NO FAULT" of his own, is GOD an "UNJUST GOD"???

It isn't "JUSTICE" to give "PARDONS" to some "prisoners" and deliberately withholding "PARDONS" from others, when all have committed the "same crime". (Sinner)

Calvin accuses God of operating a "KANGAROO COURT", meting out "JUSTICE" according to his "GOOD PLEASURE" rather than "ACCORDING TO LAW".

God doesn't function like that, "YOU" have to be "GUILTY" of the "CHARGE", not God, and "predestination" (No pardon offered) makes God responsible for the person remaining a "prisoner of sin".

But since Jesus died for the sins of the "WHOLE WORLD" that the "WHOLE WORLD MIGHT BE" saved, none can accuse God of not offering them a "pardon".

Calvin didn't understand "LAW" and the "Application of Law", especially in "God's Court".

BTW, we're not charged with being a "sinner" in God's Court, if we were, we'd all go to hell because we are all guilty.

The "CONDEMNING" Charge in God's Court is "UNBELIEF".

19. Monergist

Monergist New Member

I'm not disputing that he takes "a much broader view." His view is so 'broad' it allows him to make distortions about Calvinism that have been unrivaled in the history of the church.

Pastor Larry is right; the man is not to be trusted. If you are buying his lies, I would warn you to take care.

20. Monergist

Monergist New Member

He once was attacking Calvinism and claiming that he had never read Calvin. I guess that makes him an expert, huh?