1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

According to you, what is the most abused text?

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by Daniel David, Oct 31, 2002.

1. C.S. Murphy

C.S. Murphy New Member

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Now see, I wasn't going to say "The most abused text is any text used by a dispensationalist to prove their point", but you had to go and open the can of worms! [​IMG]

3. JIMNSC

JIMNSC New Member

Murph - There's an answer for your question but it has already been beat to death in other forums recently. Let's not get off on the wrong foot as you say. You have your opinion - I have mine, okay? Differing opinions shouldn't cause friction on an issue that won't keep either of us out of heaven.

I've already been asked to use other forum topics to voice that kind of opinion by a gentleman. Even though he asked me to refrain under the "fundamental" forum, he didn't say I was off base. See ya'.

4. Peculiar person

Peculiar person New Member

Agree with JIMNSC: Absolutely, hands down, the most misquoted verse in the Bible - I Cor. 5:8.
    Got a good post on Paul's words here, and "the thief on the cross" on another thread. Let me see if I can find it...

5. SouthernBaptistBoy

SouthernBaptistBoy New Member

10 to 20 years ago I would say text having to do with spiritual gifts or speaking in tongues, this is still going on today, but not as strong. That group seems to have moved to "Faith in your own faith" and prosperity. I see this as new age moving in on those who proclaim this type of teaching, course they are the ones with the most female preachers also, tells you about their theology.

Bless you all
    Craig