1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Accreditation of Conservative Baptist Colleges

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by kathleenmariekg, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Ronnie Vaughan

Faith:
    Baptist
    The founders are educators and pastors from the Reformed Christian Church which leaves the issue of women serving up to the individual churches within the denomination. BTW that course isn't a requirement :Roflmao....but that's non-denominational for you :rolleyes:

BTW, Calvin Theological Seminary has a statement affirming women in ministry (wouldn't Calvin just luuuuv that)

I just tried to note the egalitarianism but the time limit has expired

#21 Ronnie Vaughan, Jan 30, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ronnie Vaughan

Faith:
    Baptist
    I just ran into a sermon by a Reformed Baptist on their site. He is in Hobe AZ and his church subscribes to The New Hampshire Confession of Faith of 1833 (Revised and Expanded 2018).
    https://www.mbcglobe.org/

#22 Ronnie Vaughan, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2021
  3. Paul from Antioch

Paul from Antioch Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some years ago a new and seemingly more acceptable Accrediting Organization called TRACS (Transnational Regional Accrediting agency for Colleges & Seminaries) was organized and to my knowledge was given authority (By Whom I'm not sure, hopefully by the Dept pf Education) to grant accreditation to those educational institutions who sought it as a sort-of "Recognized as Legit Schools/Colleges. TRACS would grant different levels of recognition depending on its criteria/standards which seem to be quite similar to that of other "authorized" accrediting agencies. When I was connected with the Clarksville (TN) Baptist College in the 1970s-early 1980s, this org was still in its forming stages. Thus CBC couldn't apply to it. CBC's main concern was that the other agencies seemed to demand that it firmly separate her direct affiliation with Bible Baptist Church, which neither cared to do, thus CBC's desire to seek accreditation ended. As far as I know, such colleges/universities as Bob Jones, Liberty, etc., do have TRACS's accreditation. IMHO, accreditation is more for transferring credits, seeking financial aid (GI Bill, etc.) When I was a student at CBC the VA told CBC that if a person completed 18 SH, he/she would be given three-forth financial assistance. Fortunately for me, that remaining 4th was still in effect & financially helped me in most all of my post-graduate studies at APSU. Now there's a Post 9/11 VA benefits package available for those who spent (I believe) at least 90 of military duty since 9/11 (Which I did.) But, like al other VA programs, there is a completion deadline for one's benefits. I would urge any eligible AD/Vet to contact your local VA office for details. At least that way gives military personnel the opportunity to recover at least SOME of our tax money back from the Infernal Revenue (Lack of) Service!! ;););):):):)