1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ACLU comes to Homeowners' Defense

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by RockRambler, Aug 1, 2007.

1. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

Asheville – Charges against an Asheville couple mark the first use of a 90-year-old North Carolina law on desecration of the American flag since the Vietnam War era, a state court official said Thursday.

Even then, police used the law only two times. Back-to-back U.S. Supreme Court decisions since then make it unconstitutional, civil rights experts said.

“It hasn’t been used in so long, we don’t even keep a statistic on it,” said Dick Ellis, public information officer for the N.C. Administrative Office of the Courts in Raleigh.

http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200770726111

Do believe the deputy got a little too worked up over an unconstitutional law.....

#1 RockRambler, Aug 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2007
  2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If the couple owned the flag they can do what they want with it regardless of how much I or anyone else might have our blood boil over it.

Also, flag desecration is protected under free speech in Amendment I of the federal constitution.

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are exactly right, although I don't agree with that couple's actions at all.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    anybody know where one can buy a US flag motif toilet paper ?