1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Active youth!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by JesusInFirstPlace, Sep 3, 2004.

1. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

You know it, my best qualities are luck and patience. and those two things get me into and out of situations.

I looked up poison nettles on the internet when I got back, apparently they inbed thousands of little glass spikes in you that release some sort of acid. thee are even some varieties that will spray out the acid when you come in proximity of it.

And I would be more bored than I already am if I wasn't active. I have no choice. But I have no fear with with Jesus at my side.

Im sure that some more of you have stories like this. And I did exxagerate, I was no where close to death. but I did slip on a rock on the way down lol.

2. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Even though it wasn't a near death experience, it still sounds aweful!!! Well, I trust Jesus to protect me and all, but that doesn't mean I'm fearless! I still have to use wisdom to keep me from some potentially dangerous situations! And honestly, I don't think I have any exciting stories like you, I'm boring!!! It sounds like fun though.

Becca

3. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Next exciting story: Snipe Hunting. lol.

yes, I really did fall for it.

wisdom, very neccessary. sometimes my needs to go exploring out weigh my wisdom. I would never do anything stupid like try to climb a cliff with no ropes, I keep my fragility in perspective. I just wasn't expecting to be attacked by a plant.

"I'm Boring" with exclamation marks [​IMG] good one Becca.

Well, maybe you just have not been in the right place at the right time. Not one, single, solitary, life altering exciting moment in your life?

I might just have to give you tips.

4. JesusInFirstPlace

Ya, I guess you'll have to! I guess I have done some thrilling stuff, but nothing too bizarre. One time in Washington state, I was at a river (don't remember which one). Me and my buds swam across (there was a current, so we had to swim fast or end up downstream). Then we climbed up the rocks on the other side and jumped off-I don't know how high it was, but it was far enough off the ground to make me want to chicken out-but I was dared to make the first jump.

The jumping was so much fun, and what a rush! But the water was freezing!!!! It was nothing life altering, but it was exciting! I've done similar things in Slide Rock (AZ) and in NC.

Another exciting thing was I was in a 2-seater airplane, and the pilot let me drive- I was worried about running into a mountain!

Then there was that time when I was rollerblading down the hills in NC. The very big, very steep hills. I never realized how steep they were until rollerblading down so fast that I was sure that I would hit a rock and die! I couldn't even stop, and the hills seemed like nothing in the car!!

So I've had a few moments...

Becca

5. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

See you do have stories! Jumping into rivers; you know how to have fun, don't deny it.

Sliding rock is so much fun!!!! I went to the one in NC too. When you hit that water, it takes your breath away.

Oh so now we have two pilots in the youth forum. I see, trying to copy my style. J/K. I hope you had fun, Did you do any fun stuff, like really sharp turns and stuff?

6. JesusInFirstPlace

No way!! I was a novice (still am)! I was so scared, that I didn't even want to try it, but the pilot insisted that it was easy, so I did. The plane like tilted sideways just to turn, and I thought I was going to kill us both!

I concede that I do have a few stories, but nothing near as fun as yours-and all of mine were at least a year ago! In the past year I have only gone white water rafting and tubing, and gone to camp- all of which are fun, but not particularily exciting...

You know what's the best though? I absolutely Love roller coasters! My youth group goes to Six Flags in CA every year, and they've got a new, much scarier roller coaster every time (almost)! I think they are way exciting, and they take my breath away!

7. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Wow, how can i forget about rollercoasters, they are the clsetst thing on earth I have found to flying in an F-16. not close enough though. yes roller coasters definitely go in my top ten.

I will never bungie jump, but I will eventually go skydiving. that has got to be a rush.

8. JesusInFirstPlace

I don't think I will ever bungie jump or sky dive. But I have done the giant swing, which is kind of similar to bungie jumping, and it was a blast!

9. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Double post sorry! I just got too excited about the roller coaster thing, it brings back good memories.

Well, now you are in the Pilot club. Go grab a pair of aviator glasses, and a leather jacket. Become really arrogant about your skills, and thats all it takes. congrats, FAA Approved.

Exciting things happen when you leave your comfort zone, for starters, drive a different way home every day. Not only will you see new things, it keeps your mind more focused.

10. JesusInFirstPlace

Driving a different way home is easy in Phoenix- there's about a million different ways to go! But I hardly consider that leaving my comfort zone! LOL. But in all actualities, my friends did have to convince me to go on the giant swing- I was so nervous, and I screamed the whole way down the first time!

11. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Giant Swing?

12. JesusInFirstPlace

It's hard to describe- basically, they hook you in, pull you up, and drop you. You swing up and down, and once you stop they unstrap you! It's scarier than any roller coaster I've been on, because you are hooked in, but you don't feel it- there's no seat to sit in that makes you feel safe!

13. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Ohh I know what you are talking about. No way, I will never do that. Not enough air time to enjoy in the event of a mistake. If I am sky diving, at least I have a minute for closure. bungie jumping you better have your mind in check within seconds.

14. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Thread revival. I came close to running out of gas tonight. And I discoverd a supra resides in my apartment complex!!!!! it was so beautiful. those four tail lights, sexiest car out there IMO.

15. JesusInFirstPlace

I hate running out of gas! But it's not as bad as when I lived in NC, and it was the middle of winter. It had snowed, and we were trying to get home, but we couldn't get enough traction to get up the many hills! So we were stranded (not for too long, but still). As far as the supra, I have no idea what it is! I'm not really a car person (like I have no idea)! When guys start talking cars, it sounds to me like that teacher on Charlie Brown (if you know what i mean)!!!

16. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Charlie Brown is my hero. Thank you for bringing him up that brightened my day!

Matt

17. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Hey I no longer am a junior member! YAAAAAHHHHH!!!
    This is great I want to thank the Academy, and I want to thank God, and uh...

Matt

18. JesusInFirstPlace

Congratulations, Matt!! I was way excited when I hit my first hundred posts...you're almost there!

Becca

19. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

This is the greatest day... ever! (sniff-sniff)
    [​IMG]
    Matt

20. JesusInFirstPlace

LOL. Bravo! Encore! [​IMG]

Becca