1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Active youth!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by JesusInFirstPlace, Sep 3, 2004.

1. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

Well, as of one hour ago, I finally have a bizarre experience, that might come close to rivaling all of Will's! So, here's what happened:

Around 7:00 p.m. it started to rain. It had been building up all day, so it was no surprise when the clouds gave way to sprinkles, then the sprinkles into rain. So, around 7:30 it started pouring. In about 15 minutes, all of the roads were flooded, but I was safely warm and dry inside my house. Nothing to worry about. Afterall, this is Phoenix, where we are lucky if it rains 3 inches a year (or so).

Then my brother ran past me holding a huge handful of towels. "What's going on?" I asked him. He replied "Grab some towels, we've got to get downstairs!!" By this time, I hear massive pandemonium coming from downstairs. So, I did as I was beckoned, rushing downstairs to see what's going on.

I stepped into the doorframe, and into about 6 inches of water. Every single person lives in my house (plus my brothers friend, making a total of 9 people) were throwing towels left and right, scooping up water, and yelling, screaming, or crying (that was my grandma, watching all of her house basically drown).

So, I step up to help. I joined the race, rushing back and forth between throwing towels on the water, running upstairs to search for more, and wringing out the towels that are dripping with water. We eventually (with a few well-placed phone calls) managed to access 3 water vacuums and a water pump to get all of the water out of the house.

Basically, the basement of my house (where my grandma, grandpa, and their 3 foster kids live) was flooded. Eventually, we got all of the water cleaned up. The really sad thing was that they had just that day laid new tile in the kitchenette, which will have to be fixed because the grout didn't have time to dry.

So how's that for excitement?!?! I think I would rather go back to my boring life!!!!

Frazzled and wet,
    Becca

2. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

OMG, was that before or after I IMed you. I'm guessing after. That is incredible. That sounds so crazy. That was one of the last things I had said to you

You - (semi-paraphrased) " It looks like its going to rain"

Me - "I love Rain"

Sorry for Jinxing you. I hope you can fix all this. I am sorry for you all. Yes you now beat me in crazy storys. I'll remember another one of mine soon. We will all pray for you and your family.

Welcome to the club Becca! [​IMG]

3. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Congrats matt, 100 posts, We can catch up to Becca!

Double post help too. hehe

4. JesusInFirstPlace

That was definitely after you IMed me. It was pretty bad, and we eventually had 13 people helping to get the water up and it took an hour! Yep, you definitely jinxed me! We're all doing pretty good now. Once we straighten the tile that was laid yesterday, and put all of the stuff away (we had to move everything around to clean up the water) then it should be back to normal. Well, except that there was a leak in the roof upstairs (not a bad one though). So we'll have to fix that too. But I suppose that isn't as bad as it could've been!!!

5. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Becca, we will catch you!

Matt

6. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

And yes double posts do help!

Matt

7. JesusInFirstPlace

You probably will catch up, but that's okay. I'll forgive you! JK. Congrats on your first hundred posts!!!

Becca

8. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Yes, congrats matt, party for Matt and Will in the active yout thread. we have made it.

9. JesusInFirstPlace

Well, you better get double posting you two. Or you'll never catch up to me! *note: I don't double post, and i'm still beating you!!!!*

Becca :D

10. JesusInFirstPlace

Wow, guys. We are totally not living up to being "active." What we really need is another topic of conversation, cuz our forum is getting pretty boring!!! So, I'm counting on Matt and Will to get something started (cuz they're pretty good at making stuff up out of thin air!!! If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the '300 replies' thread!!).

Becca

11. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Ok, this is my official "I have been to busy to post"......post!?

I have been to busy to post since last thursday. School, test, and other stuff. I am not dead, I will be back soon.

Yes Becca, I will get to making things up right now.

12. JesusInFirstPlace

Good, because you were getting pretty boring! LOL. Not that I'm any better, because I have to rely on you to get something going!

Becca

13. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

14. JesusInFirstPlace

That's the best you could do? LOL.

Becca

15. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

All right, here I am it is Wednesday. I worked for like a zillion hours after school. I just loaded some siding on my bosses' truck. My boss says "hey take this truck over to my friends house and unload the siding"
    So immediatly I lunged forward to do the task correclty and quickly! Well as I was backing up a horrible thing happened...
    I backed up into his new truck- ahhh the horrors! :mad:
    No one was hurt so God is, as always good. [​IMG] Luckily I wasn't killed. I still have my health. Bu now I have an interesting tale to list. but don't think I did it on purpose!

Matt-who needs to learn how to drive correctly

16. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Me and Will should put together are stories and make a book. That would be cool. We have some really inventive stuff. I am glad to hear that someone appreciates it. Thank you Becca.
    I bet Christian Fiction is still a really wide open field.

Matt

17. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Yeah we could. Its funny how most of it involves cars [​IMG] . Well to add to my list I saw a wreck happen last night.

Ok my friends and I were in this parking lot, showing eachothers cars off. ( I don't have a good car...I was just there ). well we were standing in a circle discussing stuff, and the wreck happened, I was the only one who got to see the whole thing. So there is this 4 way intersection with four lights. A SUV tried to make a left turn, throuhg the intersection, but they didn't make it. so a van, coming from head on, clips them in the back right side of the SUV. the SUV goes in air, and does a 180 turn clockwise and lands on the curb. the van somehow keeps rolling for another twenty yards adn comes toa stop. its radiator had been destroyed so it was steaming really bad.

I saw the whole thing, and the van could have definitely avoided hitting the SUV. when someone pulls in front of you the majority of people have the instinct to slam on brakes, I heard no screeching brakes! I think the van driver purposely failed to avoid the accident, and I told the Officer that too. the van did not even try to swerv, they just plowed right into the SUV. nobody was hurt.

18. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

That is good that no one got hurt. Hmmm. Crazy drivers!

Matt

19. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

I am going to write a letter to the state of South Carolina to revoke my drivers liscense! I don't want to do it. I am too good to not be driving. But I am killing my car the way I drive it. And its going to get expensive when something breaks on it. I have officially turned my Corolla into a rally car (which it's not) It is going to break anyday now, but I just can't stop driving it like crazy. I need to win the lottery. and then, I can afford myself.

20. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I can write South Carolina a letter telling them that Will is a terrible driver and shouldn't have a license. Would that work?
    But you have to come up to Michigan and teach me how to back up. What do you think? I am the very worst at backing up! So far I have hit a trailor, a truck, a stuffed pigeon, and a bowl of lasagna!
    Congrats on finishing off that post it was all you anyways! For that you should get a medal!

Matt