1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Active youth!

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by JesusInFirstPlace, Sep 3, 2004.

1. JesusInFirstPlace

JesusInFirstPlace New Member

I completely agree (though the phrasing is kinda strange, lol!)!

Becca

2. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Yeah I am not sure if the phrase is very compliant to the wonder of God. But we are praying that God would work, so maybe it is right.

Matt

3. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Or Vice versa!

sickn' him on God? Unfortunately that is a decision we can't make. [​IMG]

4. JesusInFirstPlace

Okay, I am going out of my way to further bring revival to this forum! LOL. So.....does anyone have a favorite Bible verse? I like so many of them! But for right now, I am really liking Romans 8:35-39. Along sort of the same lines are John 10:28,29. That's all for now!

Becca

5. paulsfocus

paulsfocus New Member

I really like-
    Col. 3:16
    Phil. 4:13
    2Peter 3:9
    [​IMG]

6. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Proverbs 11: 21

"Active youth!" - I surely qualify now.

Today I actively face-planted while riding my bike!!

And, to make things worse, I did it in front of several people! ok, I was riding my bike to school, and I came to an intersection. My side of the intersection had a yield sign. so I pull up to the sign, and notice the mail truck was beside me, so I waited for a sec. but the mail lady was like "You go first.". so I did. when I get out into the intersection I notice a car was coming for me!! ( I should have looked.)

"Anatomy of a bike wreck"

So I start pedaling hard, like when you stand up and pedal. you know? well I was in sixth gear, which provides alot of resistance in the pedals. so I started pedaling like crazy and my hand accidently slipped the gear down to first. that made the pedals have no resistance. So my feet lost all support and I begin my decent to entropy!

I lose my support, I am standing up right on the bike. I was leaning foreward. so when I lost support the top of my body goes over the handle bars. I realize what is happening, so I tuck under and roll. I land on my back on the other side of the road. my bike flipped over me. the back tire slams down on ther ground because I fliped the bike with me. I escaped with only a scrape on my elbow.

Crashing is soooo much fun........except when you do it in front of people. It was a blast. the only regret I have is; now I have to replace a tire. I should have laid there and acted dead, then maybe the people would have stopped to help. lol. (We do this to tourist all the time here in Charleston).

7. JesusInFirstPlace

That is soo funny! I mean I'm sorry that you were hurt, but I think I would've paid money to see you flipping over your bike!! You, my friend, are an excellent story-teller!

Becca

P.S. I hope your arm feels better soon!

8. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Thanks. I wish I could have seen it too. when your in the crash you cant really see it how it really looked. And I am not hurt, well by my standards. I love stories like this and I hope I can have many more. I love excitement!

9. JesusInFirstPlace

You hope you can have many more stories of you crashing, embarrassing yourself, and getting hurt??? Wow, that's kinda weird! JK. I love excitement too! But not enough for me to want to face plant in front of a bunch of people!!!

10. JesusInFirstPlace

Hey guys!!!!! I just realized that I hit post #200, and I didn't even realize it!!! Yay for me! :D

Becca

11. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

12. JesusInFirstPlace

Why, thank you! I'd like to thank my brother, because without him I couldn't use a computer at all! And I'd like to thank my dad, because he paid for my computer. And I'd like to.....JK. I'm done being queen for the day!!!

Becca ;)

13. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

Bible quiz is tomorrow! I am really liking Ephesians 1 and 2.

Matt

14. JesusInFirstPlace

Well, good luck! I'm sure you'll do well. Is it like a quiz on Bible questions? Or more like memorizing verses? I am going up against my youth pastor and all the other leaders. If I can quote more Bible verses than they can I get $20. That's cuz I won the class contest (I said 114!!!!!)

Becca

15. Jodo Kast

Jodo Kast New Member

Matt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where have you been? we thought you left. well, I did anyway. gut güluck on your test tomorrow. what school are you in again??

16. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

I am back sorry for the slowness. I have been studying like a machine for the Bible quiz tomorrow so time for a brake!
    I go to Evergreen Bible Baptist Academy Will, we are a school with a grand populous of II. Well anyway.
    My Bible quizing is that:

A section is memorized by the quizers. The quizers are from area churches. So we have many area teams competing against each other. Good fun!
    A question is asked by the quiz master from a verse:
    What is Paul? a prisoner of Jesus Christ. Eph 3:1
    When has he chosen us in him? before the foundation of the world. Eph 1:4
    Instead of little beepers you can hit we have seat pads that you sit on and then get up really quick like!
    Becca that is amazing 114 verses you would be an amazing quizer! Hope you get your 20 dollars.
    How was being queen for the day?

Matt

17. JesusInFirstPlace

It was great! LOL. Well, your Bible quiz thing sounds like fun...so all your questions are on Ephesians 1 and 2???

Becca

18. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

and in three but I dont know three very well. So instead of studying it over, I am on the board. I think I need to go Micah 1:8 again!

Matt

19. JesusInFirstPlace

Very funny!! Where do you come up with these verses from!?!?!

Becca [​IMG]

20. amazinglove92

amazinglove92 New Member

umm I dont really know. hmm.

Job 10:10

Matt