1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Activities that bring glory to God

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by HeDied4U, Mar 7, 2003.

1. HeDied4U

HeDied4U Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hello again everybody, I'm back!! What, you didn't even know I was gone?? I'm shocked!! I thought you were all my friends :D [​IMG] Seriously, I have been away for a few days, otherwise I would have posted sooner.

My "madness" in posting this series of activities was to see how some of these might be rationalized, as Andrey said in her post.

I have been looking over the totals (38 votes as I write this), and I haven't been too surprised at the results. A few, however, did raise my eyebrows.

praying with your child/children 36 Yes votes 2 No votes. So, there are 2 people out there that think praying doesn't bring glory to God? There was another poster who wanted the rationale behind those 2 No votes. I sure would like to know also.

going to church every time the doors are open 21 YES votes, 17 NO votes. I didn't think the number of NO votes would be that high. Can't really explain why I felt that way, I just didn't think it would be that high.

Having a picnic with your family; 31 YES votes, 7 NO votes. This one has me stumped, just like the praying activity. I would think that spending time with your family is certainly something that would glorify God.

partying; 16 YES votes, 22 NO votes. As one poster pointed out, maybe witnessing at a block party would qualify, but I had in mind the type of party where alcohol is being served; where the music certainly leaves much to be desired, and the attire would make Madonna blush. I hope had I phrased the question in that manner, the results would have been much different.

All in all, I found the results to be very interesting. Thanks to all who participated.

God Bless!!!

Adam [​IMG]