1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acts 1:9-11 utterly refutes Hyper-preterism

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Martin Marprelate, Jan 3, 2012.

1. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

The Lord jesus will be returning in the SAME Body that he resurrected in...

Jesus died , was resurrected in the SAME body that he died in upon the Cross, and was raised glorified, God-man!

We will all see Him, and become changed into what he now is, forever gloroed, same bodies born with/in, now put on immortality!

Awesome post! Thank you!

2. asterisktom

asterisktom Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The same five questions over and over again. This is one of them. I answered this just a few days go.

My wife wants the computer now. Just look around here and you will see it. Or, if not, I will answer later - again ; )

3. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see. You can't answer because your wife won't let you. Okay. Uh huh. I believe you! Really!

4. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You know what? Go find it yourself. I'm not going to bother.

5. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, we know. Your wife won't let you. She kicked you off the computer.

6. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm thinking you must be a junior high kid. You sure act like one.

"If a person cannot argue the issue he will usually try to argue the semantics. If he is too ignorant to argue the semantics he will usually try to argue personality."

Does that sound familiar?

#26 asterisktom, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2012
  7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

you clipped just part of my posting to you thoguh!

What bout the fact that Jesus right now has SAME Body in heaven that he was born and died/resurrected in, just now glorified?

8. JesusFan

he already answered, as this was one of my OP!

he basically stated that the rest of the church had this all wrong, as itreferred NOT to his second coming, but that he already came and died and already came again!

9. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, fair enough. I disagree with your sentence above. You will not be able to find any Biblical proof for it.

Here is a question for you. Jesus existed forever before the Incarnation, right?

He was perfect then, right? Lacking nothing. (Stop me if you feel I am putting words in your mouth anywhere down this line of reasoning.)

He did not have a physical body throughout eternity past, right?

If Christ was perfect then - before the Incarnation - how can He become even "perfecter" by being forever this eternal mixture of physical-spiritual? How can perfection be improved upon?

10. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, for those who want to see my answer again, here it is again. This is from 12/29 on a different thread. Same question:

The key issue here is just what the purpose of communion should be. Preacher4truth wrote:

"Since we are instructed to do such as a memorial to Christ, and to signify His returning"

Let's look at the verse:

" For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come. " - 1 Cor. 11:26

Now there is signifying happening in this verse, but it is not the Lord's coming. It is the Lord's death. When I said that "There is no such verse" I merely meant that the verse was being used to say what it did not say.

Now, as to whether Preterists should now no longer observe Communion, since we believe the Lord's Parousia is already here: We are certainly free to observe it. Personally I always look forward to Communion.

The pivotal word here is that "until". This is just like the "until" in the Great Commission. Christ will be with us until "the end of the age".

Does this mean that after the end of the age Christ will no longer be with us? Of course not. Wherever we place the "end of the age", both Preterists, and futurists understand that Christ is still with us, and will be forever.

The same applies to this passage that you brought up.

There are three or four other passages in the Bible which uses the "until" in this (seemingly) misleading sense. If needed, I can dig them up.

#30 asterisktom, Jan 4, 2012
  11. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your research abilities are as lacking as your understanding of "until."

LOL! ROFLOL!

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Be careful. He'll put you ignore like he did me! :laugh:

13. JesusFan

Jesus did NOT exist until the time of the Incarnation, that was the man who was united in One being with the eternal God the Son...

God the Son, Angel of the Lord in OT times, came to earth and became the person. man Jesus....

since His bith, God and Humanity forever linked as One being, so that Jesuswill always have his human form, and will always disp[lay His scars and wounds, as to show off to the glory of the father and the Son What he endured to save us!

Something BRAN NEW happened to god at Incarnation...

God took on permently human form!

Now a glorified Man, in heaven.....

14. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh good grief. You know what I mean. Strike out my "Jesus" and replace it with "the Son".

Now, once more...

The Son existed forever before the Incarnation, right?

He was perfect then, right? Lacking nothing.

He did not have a physical body throughout eternity past, right?

If the Son was perfect then - before the Incarnation - how can He become even "perfecter" by being forever this eternal mixture of physical-spiritual? How can perfection be improved upon?

#34 asterisktom, Jan 4, 2012
  15. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, after reading his incredibly idiotic posts I have come to the conclusion he is a master of ignor-ance. :)

16. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Don't pat yourself on the back too much. Yes, I already did my research on you. I knew what you did.

I also know what you are - and feel sorry for your students. You teach the things of God and call a fellow Christian "incredibly idiotic".

God gives grace to the gracious. I admit that I forget that truth at times. Take it for what its worth.

#36 asterisktom, Jan 4, 2012
  17. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    LOL! You just disproved your own thesis, above. I retired several years ago! LOL! ROFLOL!
    Not only have you disproved your thesis, but you have demonstrated your inability to read at the 4th grade level. I did not "call a fellow Christian" anything. I called your posts, not you, incredibly idiotic. But I suspect you already know that and are deliberately lying in an attempt to hide your embarrassment over your foolish "exegesis."
    God gives grace to the humble. Humble means those who don't think they have all the answers and the rest of us don't have a clue what the bible is teaching. :rolleyes:

18. asterisktom

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK. I gave it a shot. My conscience is clear.

In the meantime I have looked more into your track record here on BB. You seem to do this abuse quite a bit. Oh well, have fun.

#38 asterisktom, Jan 4, 2012
  19. TCassidy

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Abuse? Showing you that you erred is abuse? That's really funny. Have you considered seeking professional help?

20. JesusFan

God the SDon PUT ON HUMANITy, to become as one of us, yet without a sin nature, God and prefect humanity forever linked as One being with 2 natures!

God actually changed, becoming forever the GodMan!

Jesus is in heaven, the one person of the Holy trinity still in physical glorified form!

Did not 'add" to perfection, but did change to being what he was not before!

SAME Jesus that ate with the Apostles after being raised from death will be in same form as they saw HIM, just with all of his glory restored!