1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acts 13:48

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Osage Bluestem, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

No. The fact is that you took a verse of Scripture and said that it best describes Allah.

This is because your Theology Proper is not based in the Bible but in some IFB tradition thought up by poorly educated preachers who know little to nothing about orthodoxy and the need to be consistent with the way the church has seen the Scriptures for nearly two thousand years.

This is the deadly problem of IFB. The same kinds of philosophies that gave rise to IFB gave rise to Pentecostalism and nondenominationalism. The two are not as standards and issues oriented but they have the same lack of reverence for Church History and Christian orthodoxy.

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Please don't falsely accuse.
    Please don't say that you are quoting me when you aren't.
    If you are trying to say something that you think I have said, then put what I have said in quotes.

Now, go back and read my posts. Put in quotes where I have denied the sovereignty of God, or where I have said that the Bible does not teach the sovereignty of God.

3. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Being from an IFB church I am encouraged to study the Bible without bias. And I do. That gives me the advantage over you. I look to the Word of God for my final authority. You look to Calvin and that is sad.

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

Not only do I know what I believe, I know what you believe. I reject your interpretation of what the bible teaches about God's nature. He is not pleased with sin and He didn't desire for man to sin. To say differently, is to blaspheme God's holy name, simple as that. If your brand of Calvinism makes God responsible for sin and creates a God who desires sin, such as the rape or torture of a child, then He definitely isn't the God of the bible.

5. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

What is sad is that you actually think that.

You actually think that the Bible is your final authority so there is no hope to show you that it is not. You will just keep believing stuff that the Bible doesn't teach.

And you believe these things in part because you got them from IFB tradition rather than the Scripture rightly divided.

And you are plagued with this arrognace that says, "I think this passage means this so that's good enough for me. Who cares what greater men than myself over two thousand years of church history have thought about ti. Who needs that????"

That is arrogance that knows no bounds. It is arrogance unbridled and uncontainable. It is arrogance that is killing this culture of ours.

6. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Yea, more proof that you do not know what you are talking about. I don't now why I bother pointing this out. Anybody with any intelligence whatsoever who reads your posts sees it immediately. My pointing it out is redundant.

I have said no less than two dozen times that God hates sin. But you don't care what people say or what the facts are. You just hate. Hate is what flows through you and gushes out in your posts.

You lack the education to know what you are talking about ans you hate Calvinism because you don't understand it at all and you cannot get to understand it because you hate it. You are too close minded to learn anything. You lack the humility to consider that you might be wrong. So you will continue to be very dangerous to any ignorant people who take you seriously.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

First of all Luke, your profile says that you belong to the SBC, and the great majority of their churches are far more liberal in their doctrine than we are. Many of them have a problem with the inspiration of the Bible. You are really out of place to start throwing stones.

Yes the Bible is my final authority in all matters of faith and doctrine.
    It is sad that you cling to Calvin as yours.
    And BTW, I just keep believing stuff that the Bible DOES teach.
    My background is Roman Catholic. I did not leave the RCC because of anyone's teaching. I was not saved in a church, any church, but rather an individual involved in an interdenominational movement. From there, I was isolated because of my occupation. Through my own study of the Bible I came to the conclusion that I had to leave the RCC formally, and look for a church that did follow the Bible. I moved to the nearest city, a city of approximately one million. The Lord, in his providence, led me to the only IFB church in the city. I had never heard of Baptist churches before, let alone IFB churches. I had only been in Catholic churches. That is where the Lord led me. And that is where I was baptized. Shortly after that I had the opportunity to go to Bible College. I did not grow up in IFB churches, adhering to IFB traditions, as you falsely assume. That which I believe, I believe because I study the Word of God, and it is my final authority.
    First, it is not what I think; it is what does this passage teach?
    What do the Scriptures say when compared to the rest of the Scriptures.
    I am thankful I don't have to go back to Calvin and throw my theology into his box to see if it is right or wrong. I approach the Scriptures humbly, but confidently enough to know what it teaches. As I have said to you before, you are young. I have been teaching the Bible on a college level for about 30 years now. I know what I believe, and why I believe it. But you have to fall back on a man called Calvin, and that is pitiful.
    Ask others on this board Luke, about arrogance. You are not one to talk.

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

As I expected... sad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.