1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acts 15

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by billwald, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Not to have or be obliged to keep Torah-Law isn't saying not to have or be obliged to obey God's Law.

So wasn't the Torah God's Law? It was --- _was_; and is, but not for keeping as before Christ, but for instruction and inspiration; for understanding and a better knowledge of God ABOUT JESUS CHRIST.

Jesus instructed HIS Law; "a NEW Law _I_, give you." The Sabbatharian legalists reject this Word of Christ. The Sunday worshippers wangle and corrupt it.

What about the Sabbath then?

Christ 1) Fulfilled the Torah and whole OT about it to the utter fullness and detail of it, and by having fulfilled the Sabbath Day thus, HE, 2) ROSE FROM THE DEAD ON IT so as to "give them - the [Christian] People of God, REST (that) THEREFORE, a keeping of the Sabbath Day remains (valid) for the People of God."

What do we therefore find in the Christian Church after and on strength of Jesus' Resurrection from the dead, "SABBATH'S"? First, a Church and a Council confirming it, a) "IN EVERY CITY (where there were Christians), b) IN THE CHURCHES, c) EVERY SABBATH DAY"; and Two, a CHRISTIAN Church DEFYING AND CHALLENGING THE WORLD UNDAUNTED, "FEASTING SABBATHS'-FEAST, CHRIST THE SUBSTANCE"; Three, Congregations throughout the then known world, worshipping "in your dwellings / houses" and in the open country "at the river" and "in the churches" : "ON THE SABBATH" and on more "SABBATHS" ever so often.

"THEREFORE", only, does the Christian man and the Christian Church believe and feast Jesus Christ, observing the Sabbath Day of the LORD their GOD and SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST.

Let no man vex me with any form of legalism or antinomianism!

#21 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2012
  2. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

GE, Id love to respond to your post. Could ya send me a decoder ring sose i can figure out what ya said?

3. billwald

billwald New Member

>Jesus instructed HIS Law; "a NEW Law _I_, give you."

OK, please give me a list of the elements of Jesus' law so that I may obey it.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Ja, mock! That is the defense of one caught behind the door. Tell Jesus Christ you haven't given me a list, me good guy so eager to do your will, Jesus Christ, but you never gave me that list of the elements of your law or its decoder!

Go on MOCK.

O you boring self-willed stubborn proud!

Where are the men who could “DELIGHT IN THY LAW, O LORD”?

If there are still, one would expect to find them worshipping you on your Sabbath Day, o Lord, not on the pagans' day, Sunday. But I see many hypocrites on both days, worshipping themselves and their own righteousness, pointing the finger at one another.

#24 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2012
  5. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

I gotta love ya GE. You will sometimes say things that connect and i do not know if you know what you say are connected by dots. But....You speak of the proud {the vain}. Then you speak of the law. They are connected by the dots. Were you aware?

PSALM 119 [113] I HATE VAIN THOUGHTS: BUT THY LAW DO I LOVE. [114] Thou art my hiding place and my shield: I hope in thy word. [115] Depart from me, ye evildoers: for I WILL KEEP THE COMMANDMENTS OF MY GOD. [116] Uphold me according unto thy word, that I may live: and let me not be ashamed of my hope.

2 KINGS 17 [15] And they rejected his statutes, and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies which he testified against them; and THEY FOLLOWED VANITY, and became vain, and went after the heathen that were round about them, concerning whom the Lord had charged them, that they should not do like them. [16] And THEY LEFT ALL THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD their God, and made them molten images, even two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.

DEUT. 32 [46] And he said unto them, Set your hearts unto all the words which I testify among you this day, which ye shall COMMAND YOUR CHILDREN TO OBSERVE TO DO, ALL THE WORDS OF THIS LAW. [47] For IT IS NOT A VAIN THING for you; because it is your life: and through this thing ye shall prolong your days in the land, whither ye go over Jordan to possess it.

MATTHEW 15 [3] But he answered and said unto them, WHY DO YE ALSO TRANSGRESS THE COMMANDMENT OF GOD BY YOUR TRADITION? [4] For God commanded, saying, Honour thy father and mother: and, He that curseth father or mother, let him die the death. [5] But ye say, Whosoever shall say to his father or his mother, It is a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; [6] And honour not his father or his mother, he shall be free. Thus have ye made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition. [7] Ye hypocrites, well did Esaias prophesy of you, saying, [8] This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. [9] BUT IN VAIN THEY DO WORSHIP ME, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

PSALM 119 [21] Thou hast rebuked THE PROUD that are cursed, which DO ERR FROM THY COMMANDMENTS.

PSALM 119 [85] THE PROUD have digged pits for me, which ARE NOT AFTER THY LAW. [86] All thy commandments are faithful: they persecute me wrongfully; help thou me.

MALACHI 4 [1] For, BEHOLD, THE DAY COMETH, that shall burn as an oven; and ALL THE PROUD, yea, and all that do wickedly, SHALL BE STUBBLE: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the Lord of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch. [2] But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall. [3] And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the Lord of hosts. [4] REMEMBER YE THE LAW OF MOSES my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments. [5] Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful DAY OF THE LORD:

Have a great day GE. I still could use that decoder ring. Start each day praising the Lord. May God bless you

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At least is seems you don't scoff. Thanks for that.

Or do you scoff, with a weak try at doing it subtly?

#26 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Feb 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2012
  7. Chowmah

Chowmah Member

Not even sure what scoff means