1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Acts 2:38 and the baptism in the Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So each local assembly of believers, wether labeled Baptists/methodists/presby etc would be the body of Christ to your understanding?

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Absolutely not! Just as there is a minimum criteria to be recognized as a Christian there is a minimum criteria for a group of people to be recognized as a true New Testament assembly.

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Elect actually had remission of sins before God, before the world began, because all their sins they would ever commit were laid on Christ in the Covenant of Redemption and that was their discharge of them !

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Acts 2:38 places "remission of sins" as a consequence of repentance

What God PURPOSED in eternity and what Christ PROVIDED in His Person are not completed until God applies them to our Person in time.

Go learn what it means "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it." It is simply idiotic to believe in an UNFULFILLED purpose or beleive that PURPOSE is its own fulfilment!

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Thats your misunderstanding of acts 2:38 and your wilful distortion of Truth. Remiision of sins is the consequence of the Blood of Christ being shed for the Many Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Now there is a comment made here about this remission of sins in Acts 2:38, regarding the word for the prep eis ! It reads:
    http://www.studylight.org/isb/view.cgi?number=1519

Hence, the Remission of sins is the consequence of The Riches of God's Grace through the redemption in His Blood Eph 1:7

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

So as of now, you offically deny Salvation and the forgiveness of sins by grace and the blood of Christ alone !

6. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God has called his elect in christ to repent and believe in Christ, as that confirms that their electiona nd calling are sure, and that is when they get saved!

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

You try to derail every thread and redirect it to teach your heresies. It does not matter one bit if "eis" is translated "because of" simply because it modifies baptism and baptism is in response to repentance. Remission of sins is "because of" repentance.

Certainly Christ's blood was shed "for the remission of sins" as that was its design but what you can't seem to understand or grasp is that no aspect of God's redemptive work STANDS ALONE and can be ISOLATED from the COMPLETE COVENANT work. The Father's work is worthless and incomplete apart from the Son's work and the Sons work is worthless and incomplete apart from the Spirit's Work.

You heretical brain seems to be incapable of rational thought when it comes to realizing any purpose is worthless unless it is fulfilled or WORKED OUT or implemented. Go learn what it means when God says, "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it" - Isa. 46:11

You seem incapable of discerning between different aspects of God's salvation but ignorantly merge such terms as "redemption" with "salvation" when in fact "redemption" is but ONE ASPECT of "salvation" because "salvation" includes and covers all aspects of the work of the Triune Godhead.

The Father DETERMINED the design aspect of salvation. The Son PROVIDED the redemptive aspect of salvation. The Spirit IMPLEMENTED the design and redemptive aspect of the salvation.

There is no "salvation" in the Father's design without the Son's provision and there is no "salvation" in the Son's provision without the Spirit's implementation of both the Father's design and the Son's provision.

Your soteriology is a soteriology of DIVISION and ISOLATION and CONFUSION simply because you are incapable of discerning whatever may be purposed and provided must EQUALLY be applied or its is NOTHING!

Go learn what this means "I have purposed it; I WILL DO it"

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The bib

You have been showed the Truth about remission of sins, so see ya at the Judgment when you will give account for your false teaching !

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Great! Does that mean you will not bother me any longer?

#29 The Biblicist, Jun 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2012