1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Acts 7:59 (KJV)

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Olivencia, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Both Logos and Ed, again I must ask you how many Bibles else than KJV were sold during the early stage of JW activities?

Let's say almost 6 Billion volumes of KJV have been sold so far ( maybe only a little less than 6 Billion so far), then 1.8 million may be 0.03% of total KJV distribution.

You cannot convince the relationship between JW and KJV, or the preference of the Bible by the JW's in that way.

The key point by which we can prove the linkage of JW teachings with any Bible is to investigate what are the bases of their Bible. Their Bible NWT or Watch Tower Bible is based on the WH-NA Greek text, and they will never use TR as the basis for their Bible.

As I said I was attending JW for about 6 months. Even if we use any bible like KJV, when they are confronted with the critical argument where they can hardly defend their doctrine, they quickly mention that the original text disagree with KJV.

Try to talk with them about 1 Tim 3:16 of KJV. They will quickly reject KJV is wrong there ! I have never met any JW who still believe 1 Tim 3:16 of KJV as the genuine Bible. Once they believe 1 Tim 3:16 of KJV, they quit JW. More than 99% of the manuscripts support KJV in 1 Tim 3:16 while MV's are based on the minority texts ( I believe less than 1 % of the manuscripts) which don't tell the deity of Jesus Christ.

#21 Eliyahu, May 8, 2009
    Last edited: May 8, 2009
  2. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Preach it !! AMEN!!!

3. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

Those texts are from the early Church. The "Catholic" church was born in the 11th century and most to all of the apostasy the RCC is accused of came about in the middle ages as they became greedy.

4. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This exposes your ignorance about the Church history greatly, though there may be many views to see the formation of RCC in the history.

In 431 when they had the council of Ephesus, they declared Mary the Mother of God. Before that, Constantine issued the edict approving Christian Church in 313 AD, and then there was Nicean Council in 325. It must be understood that RCC was formed around 4th century, though we can trace back to the time of Novatian when many apostates try to return back to the church in 251-258 AD
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novatian

11th century is the time of schism when Catholic was split into RCC and Eastern Orthodox in 1054
    http://www.orthodoxwiki.org/Roman_Catholic_Church

5. Askjo

Askjo New Member

I agree with you concering the RCC appearing in between 3rd Century and 4th Century.

6. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

That is the beginnings of the Roman church. Now actually read when it was first called the CATHOLIC church. Did you just skim over the article or did you actually read it?

7. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Your level of knowledge about church history is too low to debate here. You'd better study further and come back.

8. Tater77

Tater77 New Member

:laugh:

You have no idea what I'm talking about do you? What is the origins of the Roman Catholic Church as we know it today? Not the early church or the church in Rome but Catholicism as we know it today.

9. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Heretic accusations are not a standard for translation.

10. thomas15

thomas15 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Eliyahu,
    I was going to reply to post #16 by simply saying that you don't really know what you are talking about, but others have done so by posting facts that prove it. But after reading your post #27, I think the problem is much deeper than I suspected.

I say this with deepest respect.
    Tom