1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam and the Gospel: is the historic Adam Necessary?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Ruiz, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Ruiz

Ruiz New Member

Adam and the Gospel: is the historic Adam Necessary? A panel discussion with Albert Mohler, Chad Brand, Jim Hamilton, Thomas Schreiner, and Stephen Wellum at SBTS. Click here for the panel discussion.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes he is necessary. He is necessary because he is fact based on scripture and without him nothing that follows is necessary.

3. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, historical Adam is necessary.

Thanks for that, I enjoyed it. I've always liked to read anything by Dr. Schreiner. Who was the one sitting immediately to the left of Schreiner, he impressed me too.

4. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The first man Adam, one being, in the image and likeness of God both male and female.
    Then the female was taken from the male yet from then on both the male and the female come through the female.

Then we come to Jesus the Christ male, the last Adam, born of woman (female) generated in the female by God himself. This man child dies.

Is regenerated by God the Father and this man is declared the Son of God and in this resurrected man we all, male, female, bond, free, Jew or Greek become one.

Did all this come about because of the historical Adam?

Can there be a Gospel without a historical Adam?

1 Cor. 11

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

Great discussion, thanks for sharing. I vote yes, Adam has to historical.

6. beameup

beameup Member

And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. 1 Cor 15:45

The Word of God is pretty straight-forward.
    It is "forever settled". No need for debate.

7. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

IF Adam was "just" Myth, than both Jesus and paul were ignorant of that "fact", and both were wrong!

In fact, Apostle paul built up his inspired defense of justification to a great extent by having Adam as a real historical figure!