1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adam as an elder

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Salty, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Adam lived long enough to see Noah's Grandfather.

That was about a dozen generations.

Do you think that Adam had a positive spiritual influence on his descendent's?

I'm thinking he did not since by the time of the flood, there were only 8 righteous people left.

I am sure Adam told his children, grandchildren...great-great-great-great...grand children about creation, the Garden Eden and the rest of the beginnings.

So what went wrong - did hid children simply rebell, or what?

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

If Adams first born child did not believe him then it is reasonable to believe that most of the rest of those who followed after did not either. It was just personal rebellion.

3. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The generations from creation to the flood, including the genealogies, will be an interesting study on whether man chooses God of his own accord and is not spiritually dead, or the reverse, don't you think ?
    I mean, here we are, with Adam right in our midst, and we hear from his own lips the story of creation and a promised Redeemer and a coming Redemption, and yet God declares that the imagination of our hearts are continually evil.
    Yep.
    Very interesting study.
    And God destroys everyone except Noah and his sons and their families.
    So, God destroyed Adam along with everyone else.
    I think in the passage of time, Adam himself had "lost sight" of Christ and had conformed to the world.
    It will also be interesting to do a phrase study on Noah found grace in the sight of the Lord.

4. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

if you read the account I think you will find that adam died just before the flood, not in it.

5. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

This is a bit off the topic, but still somewhat related since the OP mentioned that Adam probably knew a bunch of his descendants, and probably Methuselah.

If you do the math, you'll see that Noah and Abraham were alive at the same time. In fact, there is an extra-Biblical writing out there called the book of Jasher which relates that Abraham spent much of his childhood hiding because of a dream the King had about him as a threat to his reign.

The people who gave him a hiding place--and his first teaching about Jehovah God--Noah and Shem.