1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adam's Death and Person

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonShaff, Jan 26, 2019.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, God the Son was upon the Cross, who was and is also fully human!
    Jesus had his glory veiled in human flesh, but was still fully God!

#41 Yeshua1, Jan 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  2. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "upon the Death"?

I was asking Biblicist believed

He says God is not separable

3. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I edited. meant the Cross!

4. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    I knew,

5. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    From Billygraham.org relating to forsaken on the cross

But in reality His words point to something far different. They point to the fact that when Jesus died on the cross, all our sins—without exception—were transferred to Him. He was without sin, for He was God in human flesh. But as He died all our sins were placed on Him, and He became the final and complete sacrifice for our sins. And in that moment He was banished from the presence of God, for sin cannot exist in God’s presence. His cry speaks of this truth; He endured the separation from God that you and I deserve

6. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, as he tasted at that time what Hell will mean for all lost sinners for all eternity!

7. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No it took Jesus and all that He is because it was His spirit that went to hell Though this is where the captives were held read below.
    MB
    The person of Christ is all of Christ.Body Soul And Spirit. You say I cannot separate the Deity of Christ. I haven't tried to. Though my Bible says all things are possible with God. It's obvious Jesus did experience a separation from the Father. During the the three days He was dead Unless you don't believe His spirit went to a placed called paradise. Believed a compartment in Hell to preach the gospel to the saints waiting there in captivity to hear the gospel Preached. Paul wrote this below about David
    Act 2:26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:
    Act 2:27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
    Act 2:28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.
    Act 2:29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.
    Act 2:30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;
    Act 2:31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
    MB

8. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus never went to hell, as he went to Sheol/Hades, and he was still fully god and Man while even there!

9. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sheol and Hades are hell I'm surprised you didn't know this.
    David called it Hell.
    Psa_16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption
    Read the whole Psalm 16

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hell is really the eternal lake of Fire, so Jesus did not go there!

11. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

No, the Trinity was not on the Cross. The Father was not on the cross. The Holy Spirit was not on the cross. Where do you get this stuff?

12. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I did not say that. The deity of Christ gave eternal value in paying an eternal penalty while the humanity of Christ provided the representative man in our place. The whole Person was on the cross. When God made Jesus sin - legally, positionally, the fellowship between Jesus and the Father was broken, but there was no division in the unity of the Godhead. Jesus as a fully human being experienced the break in fellowship between the Father and himself just as he experienced fellowship with the Father during his ministry.

13. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    From badly misunderstanding the atonement!

14. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    God's word! It took God to pay for our sins not flesh and blood. Where do you get the stuff you believe It certainly doesn't come from scripture.or you would show scriptural proof.
    MB

15. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus needed to be God in order to have His death atone for the sins of the many, but he needed to be a sinless man in order to die in our stead for us, as God could not die!

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Show scripture. Just because you believe this imagined stuff does not make it so. You don't have any biblical proof do you?
    MB

17. loDebar

Faith:
    Baptist
    You, saying all Diety was on the Cross

18. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The Father is not our Savior and did not become incarnate! He sent the Savior. The Holy Spirit is not our Saviour and did not become incarnate! He empowered our Saviour. Our Savior is the 2nd Person of the Godhead, and that is the only member of the Godhead that hung on the cross incarnate. You don't have a shred of scripture to support that the Trinity hung on the cross or the Trinity was sent as the Savior, or the Trinity was incarnated.

19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

I am saying that he only Person of the Trinity, who is diety hung on the cross. I am saying the only Person of the Trinity sent into the world was the Second Person. I am saying the only Person of the Trinity that became incarnate was the Second Person. The Father and Holy Spirit did NONE OF THESE things.

20. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Talk about having ZERO scripture. You have none that the Father or the Holy Spirit became Incarnate. You have none that the Father or Holy Spirit were sent into the world as our Savior. You have none that the Father or Holy Spirit hung on the cross.

There is God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit one triune God but manfiest in three Persons and the ONLY PERSON of that Trinity that became incarnate, that was sent into the world to be our Savior and that hung on the cross is the SECOND PERSON. The first person did not. The third Person did not.

And, Yes, I have tons of scripture to back up that ONLY the Second Person became flesh and the Father and Spirit did not. That the Second Person hung on the cross but the Father and Spirit did not.