1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Adam's Death and Person

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JonShaff, Jan 26, 2019.

1. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    you said they were inseparable, do you now suggest they are separable?

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

You need to reread my post if you think I said that because I said no such thing. What I said is the divine substance is inseparable but I did not say the PERSONS are inseparable and it is the Second Person that was incarnated, that came as our Savior and that hung on the cross, not the Person of the Father nor the Person of the Holy Spirit.

3. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    That makes it clear as to the error, Thanks

We know the deity is also separable as the persons because Jesus humbled Himself to be a man and suffered the separation from the Godhead , The glory of Jesus was also reduced as He became man but was God, . The glory is independent among them. "to the glory of the Father" is used several times.

Isa 53:10
    Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.
    Isa 53:11
    He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities.

You position is another form of Humanism, glorifying the human being instead of the spiritual, even in Jesus.