1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adding To Scripture?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Bob Krajcik, Apr 4, 2003.

1. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Be careful, Terry, if you think some version will work for too many generations, you're bound to be some kind of onlyist! ;)

2. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

rlvaughn,
    Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't want that to happen.

Let me revise my statement. The NIV and the NASB work for me. My children and future generations will have to come to their own conclusions. :D [​IMG] :D

3. RaptureReady

RaptureReady New Member

After reading the previous posts, here is what I got.

Some said that the orginals were the only inspired, infallible word of God. Then I heard them say that a translation into English cannot be inspired, infallible because of fallible men. My reponse is, who wrote the books of the Bible? Give up? Let me give you a hint, fallible men. Secondly, did God just stop inspiring after the orginals? I believe God saw in the future and saw a English speaking world and He decided to preserve His word in the King James Bible. There is no need for another Bible.

Don't rewrite, reread.

HomeBound

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Then all my relatives in Germany, the Netherlands, and Japan don't have a true bible, because theirs are in German, Dutch, and Japanese?

How biblically revisionist of you.

5. Scott J

Scott J Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God. That is what we mean by verbal inspiration. The KJV translators were not writing scripture and were not under verbal inspiration. The fallible men who penned the originals were directly inspired in their word choices.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Yes.
    You can believe whatever you like but the Bible does not teach what you state above.
    With all due respect, it is not your prerogative to declare this for everyone.

6. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why should we read anything by Jimmy's evil conspirators who had the Geneva Bible, but thought there was need for another Bible?

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

It is just as logical to say that God also saw how the English language would change and gave us the NIV so that people living today would have an English bible in the language they speak.

Just as the KJV was the best selling translation for many years, so now the NIV is the best selling translation. It is easy to see that the church, in general, is moving toward this excellent translation.

8. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Let's get back on "topic" please.