1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Additional Reasons People Leave The Church.

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Stegley, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

I have to confess I know little about the house church movement and the difference between it and home churches.

The websites provided some help, but I'd like to know more.

For instance, what's the difference between a house church and a home church?

And why do you describe it as rebellious and ungodly?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A home church is just a group of folks who hold regular church services in a home verses a traditional church. Often this is the beginning of a church start and it often moves into a church in a regular facility whether it be a traditional building, store front etc.

The house church movement is rebellious because they reject the biblical instruction on church leadership. They do not like preaching of any kind and use pejoratives to characterize it. They do not like leadership such as pastors and again use pejoratives to characterize them. Since they reject the biblical format for church governance they are also ungodly and as the author of the op has well shown they rebellion almost always breeds arrogance.