1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adolf or Adolph?

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by Matt Black, Mar 8, 2005.

1. Bro. James Reed

Bro. James Reed New Member

Yeah, and that little moustache was so adorable. [​IMG]

2. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Ever notice how Hitler and William the Conqueror were both short?

3. Kayla

Kayla New Member

no Napoléon was short, 5' 6" or 5' 4" I believe, for a man. interesting fact for you guys, Napoléon was intombed in 6 coffins in the Invaild in Paris, and you can view him in his 6 coffins there. And his horse who is taxidemeried.

4. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Has anyone ever seen the paintings and postcards auld Adolf daubed before he became famous/infamous, any preserved anywhere......

Just an idle thought....

5. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

OH, wow, gorgeous stuff. [​IMG]
    Absolutely wonderful. What a pity. What a pity . . .

If only he'd stuck to his artwork.

[​IMG]

7. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

OK, I am totally interested now. I'm going to have to do some reading up on our friend Adolf with an F.

I'm hooked. Those paintings are fabulous. I never knew about that before. Very interesting.

8. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Thank you rsr....

9. Kayla

Kayla New Member

Actually, the fuhrer didn't stick with art because he was denied entry into art school. The man who denied him entry was of jewish lineage, so many historians believe that is one reason he had it out for the jews. Speaking of this, another dictator who had a similar situation, you might of him, Joesph Stalin, was a poetry writer, and there was some man who stopped him from publishing his work, so he took a personal vindeta against this man's ethinic group. I actually did a study on Hitler vs. Stalin...They were so much alike it is strange, the biggest different was though that Stalin didn't what the media knowing what he was doing, that's why few people know about the millions of jews Stalin indirectly killed. But, Hitler liked the attention so he made sure he had complete media coverage.

10. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

Well, most of the writers/artists struggle with these kinds of thoughts . . . Trust me. ;) The artistic mind is very very often at war with itself . . . We struggle to control emotions.
    Many famous writers and artists were suicidal. And that is the difference between a writer or artist who submits himself to God, and who does not.

11. Kayla

Kayla New Member

My pastor's grandson, David is a great artist and he has God's hand on his life. I won't talk anymore about him.

12. gopchad

gopchad New Member

American's who spell Adolf as "Adolph" are simply misspelling the name. I am not sure if they realise it or not. Do not think it is an American/British thing though. Oh well, you cannot dishonour ol Hitler enough IMHO. Back to my chips...er...fried potatoes now. :D

13. MargoWriter

MargoWriter New Member

14. LandonL

LandonL New Member

I don't know if it's so much that Hitler had a personal vendetta against the Jews as that Germany was in a horrible depression when he assumed power and he needed a scapegoat, someone for his demagoguery to focus blame on. Anti-semitism was just a common prejudice to all Europeans, similar in a way to Jim Crow racism even after the Emancipation Proclamation. They were convenient victims.

Though there's another theory that the doctor that was present at his mother's death was a Jew. Go figure; the man was a sociopathic lunatic. Who really knows why he hated the Jews.