1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adultery

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by charles_creech78, Aug 4, 2007.

1. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

John 4:13 Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: John 4:14 But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. John 4:15 The women saith unto him, Sir, give ME this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw. John 4:16 Jesus saith unto her, Go, call thy HUSBAND, and come hither. John 4:17 The women answered and said, I have no husband. Jesus said unto her, Thou hast well said, I have no HUSBAND: John 4:18 For thou hast HAD FIVE HUSBANDS; AND HE WHOM THOU NOW HAST IS NOT THY HUSBAND: in that saidst thou truly. Mark 10:11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery AGAINST HER. Mark 10:12 And if a women shall put away her HUSBAND, and BE MARRIED TO ANOTHER, she committeth adultery. Luke 16:18 Whosoever putteth away his wife, and marrieth another, committeth adultery: and whosoever marrieth her that is put away from her husband committeth adultery. Ro 7:2 For the women which hath an HUSBAND is bound by the law to her husband so long AS HE LIVETH; but if the husband be dead, she is loosed from the law of her husband. Ro 7:3 So then if, while her HUSBAND LIVETH, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adultress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from the law; so that she is NO ADULTRESS, though she be married to another man. 1 Co 7:10 And unto the MARRIED I command, YET NOT I, BUT THE LORD, let not the wife depart from her HUSBAND: 1 Co 7:11 But and if she DEPART, LET HER REAMAIN UNMARRIED, or be reconciled to her HUSBAND: and let not the husband put away HIS WIFE. 1 co 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her Husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at LIBERTY to be married to whom she will; ONLY IN THE LORD. 1 Pe 3:17 Likewise, ye HUSBANDs, DWELL with them according to knowledge, giving honour unto the wife, as unto the weaker vessel, and as being heirs together of the grace of life; that your prayers be not hindered. It is plain hear what God is saying. That we should stay married and not commit adultery . And if we do part stay unmarried. That women that he was talking to at the well. She ask Jesus for that living water and he ask her about her husband. He already knew she had commited adultery. But she said she has no husband. But Jesus said she had had five and the one she had now was not her husband. So which one was her husband ? The first one she married was her husband. The rest was not her husband. Let us go to Revelation about this. Re 2:4 Nevertheless I have somewhat against THEE, because thou HAST LEFT THY FIRST LOVE. REMEMBER therefore from whence thou art fallen, and REPENT, AND DO THE FIRST WORKS; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou REPENT.

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Rev 2:4 is written to the church, or a church, not to divorced, separated or remarried people. It is not about loving your spouse and getting back together, it is about the churches love for Christ waning.

3. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

A Private Interpretation

:tonofbricks: Donna, That would be another example of someone "straining at a knat and trying to swallow a camel"(I think that's how that old saying goes.I believe the above stated position is very much a PRIVATE INTERPRETATION of scripture which is not allowed in the Word of God.You correctly pointed out that the verse Charles quotes from Revelation has NOTHING to do with the subject at hand. Just another example of a false doctrine being advanced by scriptures being quoted OUT OF CONTEXT. That is the basis of most,if not all false teaching.:BangHead: I have been through the agony of divorce (twice)(it got DONE TO ME...I didn't initiate it nor agree with it). For the record I DON"T BELIEVE IN DIVORCE.I do believe in remarriage under certain limited circumstances(and those circumstances are VERY NARROW)which I believe the scriptures do allow.However I won't argue the point with anyone. I've had to do much soul-searching and much study of the scriptures to find peace with God on this issue.This wicked day we live in is difficult to bear even on a good day and would be well nigh impossible to tolerate were it not for the hope of Glory that lies within us after we are saved. Praise God for our Savior and heaven to come.There are many wounded brothers and sisters in Christ out there and the devil loves to pile it on and try to discourage and destroy them.I know because he did a number on me that took YEARS to overcome.I'm thankful for the Grace of God. I believe in being true to God and His Holy Word.I'm not completely sure what point Charles was trying to advance but I don't believe the scriptures teach anything of a perpetual state of adultery if someone remarries within what the scriptures allow. I do NOT consider myself to be any kind of sole source of wisdom on this matter but I do try to always ask the Lord to lead me in the way that is true to HIM for HIS SAKE...not mine.We will all stand before the Judgement Seat of Christ. We need to live like we believe that.

Greg Perry Sr.:saint:

4. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

Did you actually have something to say?

5. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

What is your point of debate, Mr. Creech??

Bro. David, Moderator

6. charles_creech78

Nothing much just pointing out what marrage and adultery means. I had alot of people that don't know what adultery was and I thought I would explain. It is not a debate brother david. Just what I believe . Mr 8:38 Whosoever therefore shall be ashamed of me and of my WORDS in this ADULTEROUS and sinful generation; of him also shall the son of man be ashamed, when he cometh in the glory of his Father with the holy angels. Just letting people know I am not ashamed of his words.

7. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Oh well that changes everything...

Did I miss something around here? Did we change this forum from a debate forum to a what does creech believe forum? :saint: ;)

8. charles_creech78

I am sorry pastorSBC do you want to debate about the scripture I put up there. What is there to debate about. What adultery is? Do I have to give you the meaning of it? Adultery is sexual unfaithfulness of a MARRIED person. Jesus said he that looketh on a women to lust after her that is adultery. Read the rest of the scripture and it will tell you what the rest of adultery means. Given in marrage is adultery.It does not matter what which side is write and which side is wrong. If you remarrie you are committing adultery. They need to repent. Know my brother you have a debate. Other wise show me in the scripture that they can remarry with out it being adultery. What I ment to say is that I believe in Gods word. My God bless you.

9. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

If you'll look at the structure of the forums above, you'll notice that you've posted this in a DEBATE section.

10. charles_creech78

I did not know that. Sorry.

11. charles_creech78

I am sorry go ahead and debate it is about adultery and marrage.

#11 charles_creech78, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 5, 2007
  12. donnA

donnA Active Member

I think basically everyone here believes in marriage, and that adultry is wrong. So I am sure we don't quite know what you want to discuss.

13. charles_creech78

DO YOU THANK THAT IT IS ADULTERY IF YOU REMARRY?

14. Analgesic

Analgesic New Member

No worries -- just pointing out why people expected a debate.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

If you get a divorce for other than adultrey, (such as we are too immature and lazy to work out our money and other differences, or we grew apart, or we are too self centered to make this work), then, yes, it is adultery to get married again as long as your spouse is alive. This is a life time deal, and all should have known that before they exchanged vows.

Now, if one is in a second or third (or whatever) marriage, all one can do is ask for forgiveness, accept the forgiveness, and ask God to help make your present marriage work. Pastors having to decide about marriages after the first have a tough choice.

I also think it is adultery, married or not, to look at a passing woman in lust and rerun it in your mind. So how many are guiltless?

16. charles_creech78

:godisgood:

17. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She had had five husbands, and now was merely "shacking up" with a (nonhusband) sixth man. Jesus was stating a fact--she was not married to her present "man"--not making a statement of God's nonrecognition of her fifth marriage.

18. charles_creech78

It does not matter if you remarry you are committing adultery. You need to stay unmarry or go back to they first husband.

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

It might help if you used scripture correctly, thats twice in ths this thread that you've added to what it says to make it support your thoughts.

20. charles_creech78

Are you talking to me because if you are look at the begaining of the page I gave alot of scripture. Look it up. I have added nothing to the scripture. You tell me what it means then. And find a place in the scripture that said you can remarry. Are you remarryed? Jesus was saying she was a adultress. He asked for her husband to. He did not ask for the HUSBANDS. If you remarry you are called a adultress. Other wise find me scripture that you can remarry.