1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Adventist Glasses

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Harley4Him, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Link

Why do adventists think it's good to read the bible without bringing your adventist prejudices to it?

This is quite an admission!

2. mioque

mioque New Member

Just read the whole article.
    As expected, the (rare on the internet) virtue of common sense also exists within Adventism. Good article.

3. Ben W

Ben W Active Member
    Site Supporter

A number of things seem to be being discussed within the SDA movement. People are openly discussing whether Ellen G White ever actually wanted to be reffered to as a prophet, and a whole host of things like that.

There is a breakaway group called the SDA reform movement which has alot to say on this, they feel that the SDA as a whole is slipping away from what it once was, they are upset at things like what was posted above being talked about. They are upset that Adventists are joining in with other groups in Ecumenicism and really against the fact that the AOG are starting to have an impact on some SDA congregations and that there are SDA people that practice speaking in tounges. An area I find interesting, because if the reform movement is teaching Cessationism, how do they think that Ellen G White was able to move in the Spiritual Gift of Prophesy? And if she could do it, why not others?

It was in the 1920's that the SDA ratified there belief in the Trinity. I think that scince then they have been moving closer and closer to the other churches.

4. Singer

Singer New Member

That gives good reason to accept the fact that God might be separating the chaff from the wheat and that there will be only two divisions in the end. Believers vs Non-Believers.

This defames any attempt by churches to claim that to believe means to believe doctrines, rules, days, etc. of their particular church.

"Whosoever believes" means to either believe that Jesus came, lived, died as our savior or He did not. To receive Him is to receive eternal life. To reject Him is to be condemned. It's that simple.

As for His spirit and "ye shall receive".
    "Ye have not because ye ask not"
    Words of Jesus.

Singer

5. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Do you mean that the churches that are moving towards eachother ecumenically are the believers, or those who resist ecumenism are believers?

6. music4Him

music4Him New Member

After reading 1Corinthians chapter 12. I agree with Singer~

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Do you mean that the churches that are moving towards eachother ecumenically are the believers, or those who resist ecumenism are believers? </font>[/QUOTE]Harley4Him, [​IMG]
    I took what Singer said as those who belive in Jesus and recived Him. 1Corinthians Chap. 12 says there are different gifts but one Spirit.

When looking at the different churches (that preach Jesus and salvation through Him) and the gifts they each move in, don't you think it could happen? :D

Music4Him [​IMG]

8. Singer

Singer New Member

Harley and Music4Him,

Definitions of ecumenism:
    noun: the doctrine of the ecumenical movement promoting cooperation and better understanding
    among different religious denominations; aimed at universal Christian unity

Yes, I feel strongly that there are only two sides to the Christianity story. There is scripture that leads us to believe there is only one body of Christ and I make that out to be the believers....not one sect within 30,000 choices.
    That's why I don't even like to hear what church a person attends or subscribes to in a conversation. All that does is to start a division right from the start. A person who is seeking God is drawn by the God of Abraham in the first place. If he's not seeking God, he's impressed by darkness that only has one source which is the opposite spiritual force (that of satan).

So I think and try to promote that there is no such thing as Brand X Faith. It is either faith or it is not faith. We should not be wearing Adventist, Catholic or Protestant glasses.

That only seems to lead us down wrong paths.
    Take our glasses off and look at the narrow and strait path.

St. John 3:18
    "He that believeth on him is not condemned; but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God"

TWO CHOICES, people; not 30,000.

[​IMG]
    God Bless,
    Singer

9. music4Him

music4Him New Member

Thank you Singer~ & Amen! [​IMG]

10. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Yes, lots of common sense. I also thought it quite remarkable that someone would come right out and pretty much say, "Hey we just read the bible and guess what ... a whole lot of our church's doctrines just aren't in there!"

That has got to be an eye-opening experience!

11. Harley4Him

Harley4Him New Member

Yes, lots of common sense. I also thought it quite remarkable that someone would come right out and pretty much say, "Hey we just read the bible and guess what ... a whole lot of our church's doctrines just aren't in there!"

That has got to be an eye-opening experience!

12. JustAsIAm

JustAsIAm New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]