1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

advice for other denominations needed

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by joey, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

look at this list..............:type:

2. joey

joey Member

How did you know I was starting to steer towards reformed theology?! :tongue3:

Unfortunately all those towns or cities are a long WAAAAYYY away from that little town.

3. joey

joey Member

I lived in another very isolated mining town a few years ago and I found the local people were very nice. Mining town houses cost a fortune here in Australia. A lot of local people can't afford the rent now and move away. Pretty shocking how many social problems are being repeated wherever mining starts to take over the area business wise.

If we do get a house at that little town it's 26 kms (16 miles) away from the nearest bigger town. Too far for a non-driver. My husband will be working long hours plus shift work so I can't rely on him for a lift unfortunately. Bus services only during work hours Mon-Friday.

#23 joey, Nov 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2011
  4. joey

joey Member

I'll put Anglican and Presybyterian on my maybe list then.

I currently go to this one. http://www.oakdenbaptist.org.au/ It's only a couple of streets away and an easy walk too. I am going to miss Oakden church even though I have only been in this city since last Christmas.

5. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Joey...down under..lol maybe contact these larger churches...maybe they will consider a church plant where you will be. Evangelize some friends and neighbors, get a bible study going.....if these other churches have a plurality of elders....they might feel led to have a rotating elder come and preach on a rotating basis......think big things for the kingdom...
    Our Lord can do exceedingly abundantly more than we ask or think:thumbs:

6. joey

joey Member

That's my name on another forum. :smilewinkgrin:

All those things you suggest seem so difficult to me! I suppose I should trust that God can use me somehow when I get settled.

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mar 10:27 And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men [it is] impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible :praying: :thumbsup: :jesus: