1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

After Roe versus Wade is Reversed

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JustChristian, Jan 17, 2009.

1. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It will never cease to amaze me how fast some Christians are at throwing people into the hellfire and being just downright uncaring about their souls. To condemn someone to death and say they deserve it because they aren't followers of Christ and are acting like it is so contrary to the Gospel of Jesus Christ I can't begin to stammer out appropriate words.

How can we cast these unbelievers into the Lake of Fire for being unbelivers? Whatever happened to mercy, grace, and the desire to change their lives with the Gospel of Jesus Christ?

To see statements like "well they deserve to die because of XYZ" is just contrary to everything Jesus Christ taught and expects from His followers.

Seriously, conversations like this are a significant reason I left my fundamentalist upbringing for more a more biblical journey. So harsh.

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

What about the charity toward the unborn?

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

We all deserve to die without the blood of Christ. Any gospel that does not include the depravity of man, his wretchedness, and his deserving punishment to hell is a false gospel.

4. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Who in this thread has not been uncharitable towards the unborn? Seriously? Who?

5. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For what? JustChristian is seeking some form of tacit approval, with his constant opening and continuing of threads where he states that he's against abortion ... but his actions speak differently.

I highlighted the double-mindedness of his posts. He doesn't want the responsibility of those babies that were murdered before his vote was cast for a pro-abortion candidate; I simply agreed, but reminded him that his vote helped elect someone who's going to do their best to allow those abortions to continue. Just look at today's headlines, where it was reported that Obama will look at overturning the executive order that keeps American taxpayers' money from funding abortions in other countries.

Don't forget; after her accusers left, Jesus didn't hug and kiss the adulterous woman. He told her, "Go and sin no more." A clear recognition that she was committing a sin.

Are we to do any less?

#65 Don, Jan 19, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  6. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

I don't disagree but is one thing to affirm this and another completely opposite thing to cast people who need that Gospel into hellfire and say they deserve it. Two completely different things.

7. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

Doesn't every life count?

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Apparently you want to show charity to those who support abortion and to those who vote for those who do. I will not until they repent.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Unborn children count more than those that will take an innocent life.

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    God is harsh preach.
    When folks reject grace there is nothing left but harshness.

Look at the writting and preaching pattern of one of His apostles:

Romans 1
    28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Acts 24
    24 And after certain days, when Felix came with his wife Drusilla, which was a Jewess, he sent for Paul, and heard him concerning the faith in Christ.
    25 And as he reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.​

In Revelation Chapter 16 we have the day of the Wrath of God:​

Revelation 16:1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth.​

Within this chapter the Spirit of Christ breaks through to His own with this warning:

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth, and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.​

Revelation 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.​

Revelation 18:1 And after these things I saw another angel come down from heaven, having great power; and the earth was lightened with his glory.
    2 And he cried mightily with a strong voice, saying, Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and is become the habitation of devils, and the hold of every foul spirit, and a cage of every unclean and hateful bird.
    3 For all nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, and the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth are waxed rich through the abundance of her delicacies.
    4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
    5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.​

A rebuke sometimes is what is needed to wake us out of our lethargy and depart from complicity with evil. Especially the evil of shedding the blood of innocent live which is totally defensless and cannot even cry out as it is being dismembered.​

HankD​

11. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

What impact on the number of abortions did your candidate, George Bush, have on the number of abortions in the last 8 years? For that matter what impact did Ronald Reagan or George HW Bush have?

I recognize the positive impact of the Partial Birth Abortion Ban Act of 2003 but that reduced the number of abortions by only 0.17%. That's less than the reduction in good versus bad economic times. But by voting for GW Bush you voted for the murder of innocent men, women, and children in a totally unjust war in Iraq.

On the scales of Sanctity of Life you are found wanting.

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Outgoing Republican President George W. Bush has had the most pro-life record of any U.S. president in history, representatives of pro-life groups told CNSNews.com on Friday.

On Thursday, in one of his last acts as president, Bush declared Jan. 18 “National Sanctity of Human Life Day,” stating that the "the most basic duty of government is to protect the life of the innocent."

http://www.cnsnews.com/public/content/article.aspx?RsrcID=42072

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a great deal of difference between the unintentional loss of innocent life in war than the premeditated and intentional murder of children in the womb.

I am a veteran and I don't know of any soldier that intentionally killed innocents. Yes, I have heard and read that there have been some who intentionally killed innocents and they pay the price when brought to justice.

Look at those Vietnam veterans who unintentionally took innocent life. Most of them were destroyed with guilt.

Not our politicians and medical profession. There seems a demonic delight in protecting the right of a woman "to choose" to destroy the children of her womb.

HankD

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At the conservative rate of 1 million abortions per year that's 85,000 children.

HankD

15. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    85,000 children. Sounds different when you put it in numbers, as opposed to simple percentages, doesn't it?

Really?

43 million babies have been murdered since Roe v. Wade; at least 4 million more will be over the next 4 years.

How many "innocents" have been murdered in this "totally unjust war"? I somehow doubt you can come up with 4 million, much less 47 million.

Try those scales again. But first, take the ones off your eyes.

16. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

I did not miss your request. I did not answer it because you can read the various posts as well as I can. People support abortion by their actions, not necessarily by their words.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

to include voting for abortion.

18. preachinjesus

Site Supporter

Who are they? I'm asking a direct question. I want your list.

You sit there and make grand accusations but have little proof to back it up. I want the list of who in this forum supports abortion. If you don't provide I guess you're just chicken.

Who has voted for abortion in this forum? Do we have congressmen, judges, senators, etc among us?

If the (poor) suggestion is that who you vote for represents a vote for or against abortion than that suggest is wrongheaded. I'm sure at some point we've all voted for a local, state, and/or national official who supports abortion and/or has voted for abortion rights in some form or fashion. We cannot tie our personal purity on this issue with someone we vote for. We don't live in a direct democracy. We live in a federal constitutional republic.

19. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

What is "wrongheaded" is knowingly voting for a candidate that openly supports killing a child if it survives the abortion and has the audacity to be born alive.

20. JustChristian

JustChristian New Member

No. There is no unintentional loss of life in war. Everyone knows that when we go to war there will be a great loss of life including the lives of noncombatants. If that war is unjust, like our current invasion of Iraq, the blood of the innocents is on our leaders and those who supported them.