1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

age of accountability

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by belvedere, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Outsider

Outsider New Member

Hey good brother,
    I hope you and yours (And all on the boards) have a happy 4th of July.
    When I speak of my experience, I speak a lot on "Feelings". But what I truly am saying is what Christ mentioned in the Bible.
    John 15:22 If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloak for their sin.

I do not believe that a young child has been drawn by the Spirit. I do not think they are lost, so there is no need for repentance. I believe this is true with many handicapped adults also. I do not attempt to draw the line. That is up to the good the Lord. I, as you, preach it one way to all ages. It is not my words that condemn or draw. It is the work of the Holy Spirit.

I also happen to believe that the murderer will tell such stories to justify their deeds. Again, they are attempting to justify it to themselves or other people. When it was just me and the Lord, I had no cloak for my sin. I could not justify anything. He knew more about my case than I did.
    Very good illustration. This may help you see my point of view on the subject.
    Joe is guilty of the sin but not guilty of the punishment of that sin. He will not be in danger of it until the Holy Spirit speaks to him. When the Spirit speaks to him he has no cloak for his sin. Until then, he does.
    The reason he does is because Christ paid for all sin. That is his his cloak. When the Spirit draws him, he is now responsible for his actions. Now he must believe and trust in the work Christ did for him.
    The wages of sin is death. I do not believe this is speaking of a natural death. I do believe it is a spiritual one. I see it as a seperation from life. Christ is the life. Holding to that theology, I must also admitt that this means when a child is born, they are born "Alive". Not seperated from God. Which means there must come a point when one is seperated - If we are commanded to repent and be born again..
    Some say we are born dead, some say we die at the first sin, I simply see it when God first speaks to us. When He does, I have no cloak and I do then understand what I am and what I have done. I may not accept it and push it away and go on with my natural life. If I do, then the wages of my sin is a spiritual death. I am cut off from the life of Christ. I am totally depraved and will never seek Him. Only if He draws me again will I ever have the opprotunity.
    I agree.