1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Age of Accountability

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Zenas, Feb 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

So you think babies who die go to Hell?

2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Sorry I did not get back to you sooner,was talking to someone about the Lord in a truckstop,lol

from the 1689 confession of faith;
    Zenas...any such baby will be in heaven not because they were innocent,but because God had mercy upon their soul,and applied the blood of the covenant to them,giving them life eternal,repentance and faith.
    The same with any persons unable to mentally be called by the word through the normal preaching of the gospel.

#62 Iconoclast, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  3. Old Union Brother

Old Union Brother New Member

Good post. You are right.

4. Old Union Brother

I believe that we now come to these questions:

1. Was there a time when you were more afraid of punishment from your parents than punishment from God?

2. When did you realize you were a sinner?

3. Who brought that realization?

4. Before that realization were you alive without the Law?

Keep in mind that the scripture says:

I'll give my answers later. After I get some input.

5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Ann you answered your own question in this very post. If your girls got saved at 4 and 5, but were saved as babies, as you have been claiming is possible because you think that they can have faith as babies then they had to lose their salvation to get saved again.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your turn...where are you going with this

7. Old Union Brother

My answers are the same as yours except for #2. I was about 12 and I had been left some chores to do when I got home from school and I got mad. When I was outside a way from the house I swore an oath. The next thing that I knew, I felt guilty of what I had said and it wasn't because Mom or Dad heard me. I felt convicted and I believe it was the Holy spirit that convicted me.

8. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    well thats great Ann, but Ive also seen children reject it as they grow older....wanting nothing nothing to do with God & church...which leads me to believe it was superficial to begin with.

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Were you parents religious people?

10. Old Union Brother

We only went to church occasionally and they did not come to know the Lord until they were older. I actually baptized my mother after her confession of faith about 10 years before she died. My Dad expressed faith in the Lord when he was old and sickly he lived about a year longer.

#70 Old Union Brother, Feb 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2011
  11. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    See thats why I cant understand free will people. I was having a marvolous time drinking & cavorting.....it was probably the most fun I ever had. I can understand a guy like Augustine who lived a similar life with the arm length, "Yes I know Lord, but not yet" ....thats human, thats masculine. Let me sow my wild oats! Then when Im ready we will talk. I kinda said that but with like a ....lets talk on my death bed. And Im trying to be sincere, life was a true joy (Sex, drugs, booze, partying & Rock and Roll). So when I hear a guy say, " yea I gave myself to the Lord....was 1972 & I took that walk" Im like "Really" why on earth would you do that? No, I had no interest....zilch! Praise God though, when He wants you, He comes after you. He completely changed my heart, my mind my very soul. I was 53 years old & He just did a series of things that knocked me over. I say this sincerely.....when He wants you, there isn't much you can do to escape it. And he is still doing it....He is no respecter of anything but His own will....and if your right with Him, your not either. He is in total control & your not, so enjoy the ride. Praise God!

12. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I’m glad the Holy Spirit led you back to Him. Irresistible grace. However, I have heard this same testimony from a couple I know very well as they described to me their journey into the LDS church. They wouldn’t call it irresistible grace but the experience was exactly the same.

13. mets65

mets65 New Member

I've heard the same story from all religions, and I've battled the same stuff myself. I still have struggles, God convicts you but he makes you make the choice.

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Are you saying you never felt any conviction of sin? Did you just wake up one morning and bam you were saved?

15. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

So God saves different ones different ways. You have named two, the very young physically and or mentally one way and others sort of the same yet because of there condition more mature we will say they have to furnish part of their new birth by believing, having faith or something?

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I never said they were saved as babies. I do not believe that every baby is saved at birth or before birth but I believe that God COULD cause an infant or unborn child to have faith if they were going to die.

17. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I have seen that as well which is why we did not push our children or coach them into being saved. It was fully from them. As I said, my two older girls are now 18 and almost 21 and they are at the age when most children growing up in Christian homes will walk away from the faith yet they are far from doing so. Thank God!

18. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God saves all the elect by Jesus dying as a substitute for their sins in particular. How God grants that Mercy to a person is between Him and the person.
    IF God saves a person who was only conceived and alive for six days, he and he alone can say or determine how to save that guilty person, but it will always be by the Blood being applied as payment for their sins,and Jesus as Lord and their Great High Priest. That is eternal . hebrews 10:14
    Those sanctified{elect} were set apart to be perfected in Christ.Salvation is 100% of the Lord.

19. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

20. Winman

Winman Active Member

No, regeneration is not the same as faith. Faith means to trust, depend, or rely upon another.

Let's say you loan someone your car. That is faith. It is no longer in your possession or in your sight, but you fully expect (hope) for them to return it to you safely.

Regeneration means restoration, to restore something to it's pristine state, to renew or renovate something.

Faith in the scriptures means to trust God at his word, to depend upon it's truthfulness, to rely upon his promises.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.