1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Agree or disagree with this statement?

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Reynolds, Sep 8, 2019.

1. McCree79

McCree79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If they are "seeking" I wouldn't think they would become cancer.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

2. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess it depends on how hard they are truly "seeking".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, so what exactly is the connection to Fundamentalism? Chandler certainly isn't a Fundamentalist. Is it that his stuff is being taught in a Fundamentalist church?

4. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes. His junk is being taught at our church. I put it in the Fundamental forum to hopefully avoid meaningless troll input from the board liberals.

5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for the clarification.

6. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If a sinner sits under the preaching of the Word, praise God! If they are there on a social or political agenda, that will reveal itself.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. loDebar

loDebar Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The church is made of sinners who have rejected sin and accepted Salvation, Sinners are welcome, sin is not nor should be allowed .

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, a guideline - How long does a given local church tolerate an adulterous relationship to continue without church discipline?

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not one day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If our church continues to use his material, and if the pastor continues to seen problem with using his material; should I leave and go to another church?

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would spend some time praying for him and about it. 6 months or so before considering that. Pray God will change his heart.

12. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sounds like a good idea. 6 days is probably more like my level of patience.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Then this will be a period of growth for you as well.

14. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am always growing. One of the few areas I am a stickler on is doctrine. Think about you in a church with a Calvinist pastor. A liberal annoys me as much as a new Calvinist annoys you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep, and in the clip he comes across as being just that--dangerously wrong.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. RighteousnessTemperance&

RighteousnessTemperance& Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    It might be wise to prepare by not only praying but by making notes on the material.

The time frame for making an appeal and for deciding to leave can be very different.

17. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After more investigation, it's not the material so much as it's the author.

#37 Reynolds, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
  18. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The idea that we should tolerate and accept sinful behavior, because the sinner was "born that way" or "the heart wants what the heart wants" is just another of Satan's lies.

I am overweight partly because I am diabetic. But does not mean my gluttony is not sinful behavior? Nope.

The three lies of Satan: (1) Nobody will know, (2) It is not that bad, and (3) Everybody does it.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Reynolds

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Chandlers speach at the elc MLK 50 should have stripped any credibility anyone would have given him

20. HatedByAll

HatedByAll Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    What she is saying is true. The Church should accept all sinners. The thing we must question is what does she mean by SAFE? I am a former homosexual who has had victory over that sin for close to thirty years. I struggled and I will tell you, the average Church including Baptist Churches make it most difficult to find help for people looking for freedom from this problem. Small and medium size Churches offer no programs, at least they don't offer programs that can be found by the average attendee. The larger Churches offer Counseling Services (for pay.) All Churches should do as the Bible instructs and simply have members trained and ready to disciple everyone to a mature Christian Life no matter where they come from before the Holy Spirit started his work in their life.

I have never attended a service where there was a testimony given by a homosexual. If it was not for Dennis Jernigan's music the only mention of anything to do with former homosexuals in the normal services would be the occasional mention that homosexuality is a sin. Even though I have heard of plenty of people saved from drinking, drugs, and lives of crime, I have never heard anyone give a testimony of deliverance from sexual sin in a Baptist Church. Why do we consider this acceptable?

So, yes, if there is even one young man struggling with the sin of homosexuality sitting in the pews of the Church, the Church must be a safe place for us ex-homosexuals to be able to minister to them, and it must be a place where the broken can openly learn from those of us who have been delivered this sin.

On the other hand . . . Does she mean that the Church should allow these young men (and others) to be what they believe they are "GLTB" or whatever the current term is now?
    From researching this Church I see nothing that seems to suggest that it advocates for allowing stragglers to remain in their sin. But watching 3 sermons in that series on Men, I also did not hear a clear message on God's position on Homosexuality.

To me the Church should look at 1 Corinthians 6:1-11 closely. If you examine this passage closely, you realize the message it offers on sexual sin is that the unrighteous are so because they are Unbelievers. The Sin they comment is simply the evidence of their lack of faith, just like our good works are the evidence of our Faith in Christ. This passage should lead us in how to minister to these sexually broken individuals. We should help disciple them out of their sinful ways, but first we as mature Christians must treat them as what they truly are, Unbelievers! And in conclusion All Unbelievers should feel welcome at our Churches, and we need to remember to see them as God sees them. He sees them as men and women, boys and girls that He Loves. And the greatest thing He wants for them, is for them to Believe in his Son, Jesus Christ so he can give them the great gift of His Salvation.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1