1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Al Gore is at it again??????

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by thjplgvp, May 24, 2006.

1. Daisy

Daisy New Member

So which tie did he break that you consider significant?

That's an encouraging big step in the right directions.

2. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

So which tie did he break that you consider significant?
    </font>[/QUOTE]I didn't say that any VP had cast any tie
    breaking votes of significance to this thread.

Only that The VP, whoever he may, does have the responsibility to cast the tie breaking vore in the Senate...

I was merely trying to add to what appeared to be a deficient knowledge base... :D

SMM

3. emeraldctyangel

emeraldctyangel New Member

Yes and if Fmr VP Gore wants labels he should prob be required to wear one himself. P for pretender.

The internet was not an invention of the Congress.

Leonard Kleinrock, J.C.R. Licklider, Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf, Radia Perlman...all persued ideas that propelled the internet into existance.

Here is the quote where he really gets into his propensity to overstate: (CNN Transcripts, March 1999, first interview as a Presidential Candidate after filing)
    He can however be credited with the first to use the phrase "information superhighway". A far cry from inventing the highway or information, he basically talked about it in the Congress when nobody knew a thing about computers.

Now you can call that imprecise phrasing, but that quality is something best left to screenplay writers and makers of movies - certainly not something I want in a government official or someone telling me about the ozone layer. I am of the opinion that if your cause needs a spokesperson, Fmr VP Gore should not be it.

4. Daisy

Daisy New Member

What do some of those you've cited have to say concerning Al Gore's role in taking the initiative in creating the internet?

Link to Leonard Kleinrock on Gore's role

Link to Bob Kahn & Vint Cerf's discussion

You have absolutely no idea, do you, what Gore actually did to help create the national information infrastructure? Hint: he did a quite bit more than "basically talk" about computers to an ignorant crowd. Unfortunately, some people find it more gigglesome to join in the ridicule of an accomplished man than learn something about what he has done in his long and distinguished career.

As for imprecise phrasing, see link to catalog of Bushisms