1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ALERT Academy

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by williemakeit, Mar 21, 2005.

1. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

I know that it isn't a college, but I was wondering if anyone knows about this program in Big Sandy, TX. I have viewed their website, and what seems to be their parent organization, but cannot really get a feel for where they stand. My interest is for a young man that I believe would benefit from the program, and he is not college material (at least not at the present). I ran a search on the BB, but no results came back about this organization. Any help would be appreciated.

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

sounds good
    ... I could swing by and check it out some time

3. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

Well, El_G. I guess no one else knows or is commenting. If you ever run into anyone that has gone through the program, or happen to be in the area, let me know what you think. For now, I will continue to pray that God will give me a good understanding of how to approach this.

4. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I know about ALERT, and I would steer clear, unless you happen to like Bill Gothard and is warped brand of leagalism. ALERT is a progarm he started under ATIA, his homeschool curriculm.

5. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

In some circles, I have a warped brand of legalism. I do not know anything about Bill Gothard, so any and all help is appreciated. Is he Baptist?

6. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

No his is not Baptist, and he is very ecumenical. He has a faulty view of hermenutics. If you can find the book "A Matter of Basic Principle" by Veniot, I beleive, you will find out a lot regarding Gothard.

When I was a teenager, my family was involved in his ministry. Through God's grace, they are no longer. He is very legalistic and really is a dictator of his organization.

7. williemakeit

williemakeit New Member

OK. Does anyone know any good character-building, bible-learning, trade-training, with-a-Baptist-tinge alternatives? I am serious about this. A couple of hours a week (i.e., Sunday School, Discipleship Training, etc.) is not enough for the previously unchurched, recently saved, and recent high school graduate that probably will not make it academically in Bible college, but desires to further their training in all areas. I am not referring to the places for troubled teens, either. Thanks for any help from anyone.