1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aliens

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by webdog, Nov 22, 2006.

1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

We got on this topic in our Bible study last night. There are beliefs out there that they are fiction, some other form of intelligent life God created, demons and other animal life (more intelligent than dolphins, chimps, etc).

Thoughts?

2. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I don't believe in little green men [edit]. However, the alien story is real. Meaning, there is someone or some groups of someones that want very badly for many people to believe in aliens. I suspect that this story line will be used or is being used as part of the last days deceptions.

[Removed "though folks"]

#2 Rufus_1611, Nov 22, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2006
  3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Do you believe there is an Area 54?

4. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

I suspect you mean Area 51. This is a literal area and its existence can not rationally be denied. What the nature of this facility is however, is where the debate is.

5. billwald

billwald New Member

I have concluded that space aliens or time travelers are messing with us.

6. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Aliens, like those who come in flying saucers, live at the bottom of the oceans, thrive in the mountains of Peru?

Utter nonsense. Not worthy of a Christian's time. Stick to bible study. :saint:

7. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I think there are beings on other planets. Yes. But I also think our planet is the only one inhabited by sinful beings.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

So far I agree with Rufus.
    And, if there were others on other planets who were not sinful, then they would be perfect, like Jesus. For all have sinned. Not gonna happen, anywhere, anytime.

9. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Donna,

the angels in heaven are not sinful and neither were Adam and Eve before the first time that they sinned.

10. donnA

donnA Active Member

If there were people on other planets they would not be angels, nor adam and eve. God is the same everywhere at all times, He never changes. And HE says theres is not good, but Him, none seeks righteousness, all have sinned.

11. J. Jump

J. Jump New Member

For those that are interested in this sort of topic you may be interested in this man's website http://www.stevequayle.com. I was listening to talk radio one night coming home from covering a game and caught the last half or so of his sitdown with the host. It was quite interesting.

I haven't had a chance to visit his site much so I'm not exactly sure what all he believes in, so I do not endorse or discredit this site, but throw it out as a point of possible interest.

12. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

I think that Aliens are demons or something. I mean think about it.. when the rapture happens that will be the excuse the world will use. Aliens have abducted millions of people. Thats why so many movies about aliens, abductions..ext have surfaced..

13. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

They would be in a totally different category from either angels or "men". They would not be "people" in a technical sense of the word (and that assuming they were intelligent). So completely unaddressed by the Bible (and therefore not denied by it either) they would not fall under that definition of man, regarding sin.

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

wow that's neat, me and Eric agree about something

15. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

@ webdog

This is a very complicated issue and unfortunately most christians either simply deny it or don't know anything about it. But there are people which have had experiences with so called "aliens". Many have even been abducted. A Harvard professor did a study on the abductions and came to the conclusion that there are abductions which are really real. The question is what are these aliens and why do they play this cat and mouse game with us? From what I have heard alien abductions have a lot of parallels to satanic ritual abuse. Even secular UFOlogists came to the conclusion that they are in fact demonic! Imagine this. A secular scentists studied UFOs and said they are demonic. I recommend you to listen to this here, it'll answer a lot of your questions. It's from a christian who had experiences with aliens in his past before he became a christian:

http://peeringintodarkness.com/audio/malone_talk.mp3

http://www.ancientofdays.net/

16. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Technically - good angels are aliens, bad angels (demons) are aliens and anyone from another world is an alien.

But in the case above - I think that while some are simply mistakes about meteors -- others are real aliens of the demon kind toying with mankind since in fact "they live here".

In Christ,

Bob

17. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    We "know" there are good angels - but God alone is absolutely "good" -- this does not make the loyal angles demons or "bad". The same would go for anyone on another world.

18. xdisciplex

xdisciplex New Member

But the problem is when those bad angels look like aliens or when they take on the appearance of aliens then christians will be deceived. I think that the whole alien/ufo stuff is Satan's last trump in the endtimes. Think about a deception being so strong that even the elect would be deceived. What esle could it be than aliens? There is nothing else.

19. BobRyan

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Agreed - that is deception that is good to go -

But there is "one other thing" that would be even more convincing - a fake 2nd coming complete with shiny bright beings and angels.

In Christ,

Bob

20. ex-nihilo

ex-nihilo New Member

I believe it is quite clear that there are no other beings or "life" anywhere in space. I'll address this from a Biblical standpoint a bit later as I'm pressed for time at the moment and don't want to rush a reply.

Regards,
    J.