1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aliens

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by webdog, Nov 22, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I just gotta think there "Are angels" And that Angels are not born in New Jersey.

I also gotta think that the myriads and myriads listed in Dan 7 in the courtroom of heaven - are not people from Kansas who got to heaven for the judgment of the saints where "judgment is finally passed in favor of the saints" Dan 7:22.

Which means that God did make other intelligent life - other than humans.

In CHrist,

Bob

2. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

I am asked about aliens a lot in my ministry. I read the articles on this Harvard prof when he said this. He was hypnotizing the people and thus what they said is invalid.

If people "remember" being abducted or seeing aliens, you can put it through the same grid as seeing ghosts:
    1. It's a hoax or lie
    2. It's imagination or delusion (or dreaming); hallucination, or false memories induced by hypnosis
    3. It's due to natural causes
    4. It's demonic

I discuss this more fully in my book SpellBound, which discusses the occult and how to evalute it Biblically.

I knew some witches when I was an astrologer who claimed aliens had contacted them and were wanting to take over their bodies. This was clearly demonic, imo. However, at the time, since I did not believe in demons, I did not know how to explain this although I did not really believe in aliens then, either. I thought maybe it was mass hallucination or the power of suggestion.

A few years ago, I wrote a brief article on aliens for another ministry that is on their site:
    http://www.watchman.org/na/ufomontg.htm

3. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Well, the Scripture speaks of other worlds, does is not? Is it me or you all of missed reading it? 'Want Scripture?

I honestly believe, Noah' Ark/family was brought to this earth -- some 10k years ago similar to the way Apostle Paul was taken to the third heaven -- and started human civilization on this "Planet of Apes" (scientist term). However, I don't consider them aliens but humans.

In fact, based on the Scripture, their world THEN WAS being overflowed with waters PERISHED (Greek totally destroyed; gone) -- when the windows of heaven were opened , Gen. 7:11. Our present world is reserve for fire, as it is written.

Therefore, I won't be surprise if there are other intelligence or creatures beyond our own universe.

John 14
    1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. v2 In my Father's house are MANY MANSIONS: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

God Bless

#23 4Pillars, Nov 28, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2006
  4. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Read Genesis 5. Noah was a descendant of Adam.

5. Allan

Allan Active Member

I'll Toss in my nickle here since Science is one of my academic hobbies. Note English (spelling and grammer) are not! :laugh:

I believe 100% in UFO's.
    I believe without a doubt there are abductions with direct correlation to the UFO's.

I however do not believe in outer biological life, beyond the possiblility of bacterial (maybe) as there still has never been any 'concrete' proof even of bacterial life. There is suggestive 'evedence' but nothing that has been definitively proven. That aside:

I believe that the abductions and UFOs are either demonic or government groups with varying agendas. Some are testing new technologies with regard to aircraft and others use such aircraft to abduct and perform live testing on individuals as they choose. If someone ever sees it happening, the story they would tell the press is: I was abducted by aliens in their UFO and they prerformed strange tests on me. Now who would print that story verse Government found performing test on unsuspecting citizens - which do you think will make the 6 O'clock News!

I do know some of the above is true due to an Uncle of mine being a comander of several special forces teams stating He has seen Government things that will make you turn pale and technology that seems almost straight from Star Treck. That is about the extent I ever got from him, go figure.

What is a UFO - Un-identified Flying Object.
    This does not mean of alien tech. but that it is not something seen regularly or known about. The Testing of the Stealth Bomber was for years a so called UFO from its test sight in and around a secret Gov. Air Base - Area 51. It was not until they released the Info of it's existence (the coming out party so to speak) that people via sightings and vague pictures realized what they saw was not a UFO just a new type of plane/jet.

The possiblility of biological life on other planets biblically is absolutely Zero.
    Why, scripture does not state God created any biological life save that of THIS Planet and spiritual beings such as Angels which has a sub-group of Angels that rebelled and were cast out now called demons. We also can fall into both catagories but for simplicity I place us in the biological.

The possibility of biological life on other planets scientifically (evelution) is absolutely Zero as well.
    Why, because what they hold to as the 'HOW' life occured on this planet is so astronomically absurd that even IF it did happen according to evelution view the possibility of it happening more times elsewhere is infinatley impossible that it would be duplicated.

Much of what we hear is a combination of the the Demonic and the Government.

#25 Allan, Nov 29, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
  6. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aliens--in River City

There is only one source of infallible information: Holy Writ.

Satan has deluded and deceived many by causing doubt and uncertainty.

Trying to harmonize "National Enquirer", Government Reports and Scripture is an exercise in futility--and stupidity. Giving credence to anything which has come from man's depraved mind leads one to the "ditch of doubt".:BangHead:
    ...nothing wrong with critical thinking--while using the Scripture as the only standard and the Holy Spirit as the only guide.

Side note: Noah was 120 yrs. on this globe building the Ark--while the world scoffed. Then God closed the door. The world still scoffs. Now what?

Even so, come Lord Jesus.

Choose wisely,

Bro. James

7. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If there are UFO's and aliens, then I believe God is still sovereign over all, including them, and if God is my God, and I am His child, then we will both reign over all, including them.

Gosh, this is ridiculous.

Why are we even considering anything beyond the Word of God ?

8. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Would those explanations apply to April 19, 1897, Aurora, Texas?

http://www.forteantimes.com/articles/115_aurora.shtml
    http://www.texasescapes.com/Paranormal/Aurora-Incident.htm
    http://www.altereddimensions.net/aliens/AuroraTexasCrash.htm

I don't recommend any of these sites for anything beyond the Aurora reports.

9. Allan

Allan Active Member

This is THE MOST BOGUS STORY...third rate journalism...I have seen in a while.
    I love how the article 'about' this story shows these slow moving cigar shaped or 'blimp' like aircraft are highly more intellegent beings yet their speed compared to our aircraft today is extrodinarily limited.
    Let me show another thing:
    This 'airship' (interesting word, I wonder where it came from) made of metel seeming to be aluminum and silver (shiny, firm, yet plyable) Moving slowly at about the year 1890. Was there anything like this around at that time:
    Wikipedia: Zepplin
    These sites say - remember there were not aircraft like these back then, acrually YES THERE WERE and there were alot of Sci-fi books about these imaginative wonders. I also love the contradicting facts of the story in just this article. An alien never seen before is Identified this being as a 'native' (sic) of Mars being that he is an authority on astronomy. This Martain had papers (I guess his data pad wasn't working) thats evidently is a record of his travel (must be an intergalactic passport) but it in written in unknown hieroglyphics and can't be disifered. :laugh: The ship was to too badly wrecked to form any conclusions about its construction but they have (according to this news report) a multitude of eyewitness who could describe it in detail. The town is FULL of people collecting this strange metal unknown to man (remember there is TONS of this stuff) yet there is no known samples of it anywhere to be found. If people want to say the government came and took it - Well the government didn't care anything about it since it wasn't until QUOTE "The Aurora story was quietly forgotten but in a May 24, 1973" where the Gov. decides they want to see this Martian body and have to get a court order to exume the grave because the town wont allow it.

You use the National Enquire style websites to try to validate you points only to deepen any sceptism about it.

You also state"
    If it is no good for anything else, it is no good for this as well. You can't say This is a poisoned apple except for this one bite right here. If it is poisoned it's poisoned.

Here maybe this will help somewhat:
    Additional info about dirigible also know as "AIRSHIPS"
    Do you not think the American Government was not trying to make their own. I mean we did use something like it is the Civil War which is where Zepplin (watch on the outskirts of the battle as an observer) got the idea.

#29 Allan, Nov 29, 2006
  10. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Correct, Noah was a descendant of Adam (human) but never had a chance to set a foot on this "planet of Apes "(scientist term) .

However, the living creatures (mankind) who were here when Noah and his family arrived where already inhabiting this planet milion of year ago. They are called "prehistoric man" by our scientist but "sons of God" by the Lord.

11. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Regrettably, I could not reach the archives of the original 1897 articles. Will attempt again to do so.

Yes, the story resurfaced after UFOs became fodder. Doesn't explain the articles written in 1897. Please feel free to do your own research there.

Went back and downloaded photo of original newspaper article -- "Dr. E. Etuart, an acknowledged authority in metaphysics, gives it as his opinion that the whole affair is due to hypnotism and bad whiskey."

Sounds as good as any other answer here.

#31 Not_hard_to_find, Nov 29, 2006
  12. Allan

Allan Active Member

The story I quoted was FROM the News Paper.

and there were many of the same types of aircraft potentially around at THAT TIME PERIOD.

It discription is IDENTICAL to that of the Zepplin style airships (as they were called for 20 or so years prior to the incident) so much so the explosion is quiet accuratly explained especially when petrol was being experimentally used on these airships and was succesfully done so in 1888.

13. Allan

Allan Active Member

Except my friend you forget that this ARK was built to float on WATER not fly in space. It was built of wood and tar. Not metal and fiber optics. And the historic land marks during Adams day (ie. the four rivers from the Garden) are still markers even today. Thus showing they were of THIS planet, never left this planet, and when stepping off the Ark noticed they were still alive on THIS planet.

Your theory is quite flawed my freind.
    Not to mention your understanding of scripture is without a doubt, absolutely WRONG in this area.

14. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

My apologies. I was thrown by your references to current tabloids and did not read properly.

15. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear Allan,

The Garden of Eden was on a mountain, for a river went out of Eden and split into four heads. Please show us where, on this planet, a river, which leaves a mountain, splits into four rivers and waters the whole face of the earth.

Genesis 7:20-24 shows that the Ark was 22 feet above the highest mountains 150 days or 5 Months after the beginning of the Flood.

Genesis 8:4 shows that the Ark rested upon the mountains of Ararat on the SAME 150 the Day after the Flood began. The Flood began in February and the Ark rested on the mountains of Ararat 5 Months or 150 days after the Flood began, on the 7th Month.

IF the great flood happened on this planet -- 22 feet above Mt. Everest ( basically considered to be the highest mountain -- not Mt. Ararat) – then the waters would still be here. A fig tree could not have germinate and put forth leaves given time frame by the Scripture. Where is you logic?

IOW, what you failed to realize -- when the Ark was 22 feet above the water which destroyed their world, Noah and his Ark were brought to our Earth SIMILAR to the way Paul was taken to the 3rd heaven (2 Corinthians 12:2)-- in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye. All Christians will be taken away to another world during the "Rapture" -- now would you described them fleet of spaceships? :BangHead:

Therefore, AS IT IS WRITTEN, the first heaven/earth were NOT SPARED -- as you would like others to believe.

TRY AGAIN?

#35 4Pillars, Nov 29, 2006
  16. Allan

Allan Active Member

My, my what big lies you have!

Let's see if this makes sense. Noah (a Space Alien Human) and his family made a spacecraft of wood and tar and this took 120 years to build. Then He got into his ship 7 DAYS BEFORE THE FLOOD EVENT and NEVER took off. He waited instead 150 days (while floating on the water) and then was telaported to safty on a planet that was just recovering from a WORLD WIDE FLOOD. ***Bogle***

You don know much about science do you?
    Lets us look at this space craft of yours. That is spelled out SPECIFICALLY on how it was built!
    Hmmm... Nope that sucker wont fly! But made actually mean that Noah built a normal boat and God teleported it away to another world. This is just as ridiculous as God could have doen this teleporting at any time but not only waited 7 days before condeming this 'other' planet but also waited 150 more days after. Oh, maybe large amounts of water is the catalyst that God has to use in order to teleport properly!!?? And by the way - Paul into the third Heaven was done SPIRITUALLY and NOT physically!

Your 150 days on the water is only PART of the story which either you don't know your scripture or you just choose to be ignorant of it. But in either case let us look:
    He was not in the ARK 150 days my friend but a YEAR AND TEN DAYS. It was AFTER this 150 days the waters began to recede (no longer prevailed) and is why Noah was on the Ark another 220 days! God did not promise to NEVER AGAIN Flood 'THIS' world like the other but that He would never again Flood THE world.

Your arguments are from the absurd, and to not use all of the scripture but only prooftext (using scripture out of context) what you want to see.

I rest my case on the whole of scripture.

On a Side Note: scripture also states:
    The world that came out of the water (creation event) and IN the water (the Flood Event) and that God did not completely destroy it (The Flood) but He has kept in for unto the final judgment against sin.

Yet men will in those last days come saying these biblical accounts did not happen as you state but we have a different meaning for them, or even that they never happened. Think carefully and choose wisely concerning the truths of scripture.

#36 Allan, Nov 29, 2006
  17. 4Pillars

4Pillars New Member

Dear Allan,

The 1st Firmament or Heaven was made on the 2nd Day. Gen 1:6-8 It was formed in the midst or middle of the Water, and Water was above and below it. IOW, the 1st Heaven, was surrounded by water. It was later destroyed, totally and completely, by that same Water, when the "windows of heaven were opened. Gen. 7:11

2Peter 2
    5 And SPARED NOT THE OLD WORLD , but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

As I have said, the 1st world (kosmos) was not spared, as it is written.

However, if you cannot understand that the Rapture is physically leaving the present world, and going to another world, then you will just have to remain ignorant of how Noah left the world of Adam,and came to this present, lost and dying world. I am sorry that you cannot comprehend such a simple concept. Seemingly, your understanding of the Scripture is very poor, therefore, you should try get somebody to read and comprehend for you. ... because I don't lie, as you've accuse me of.

Even, your own cited text prove my case, look ....

Read very slowly....

2Peter 3:5-7 tells us of Scoffers of this last days -- just like you -- beware!

5 For this they WILLINGLY ARE IGNORANT of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

6 Whereby the world (Kosmos) that then was, being overflowed with water, perished: (Greek -Totally destroyed - dissolved - gone)

7 But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

As we can see, the heavens (our universe) and the earth which are now -- strongly indicate that Noah' flood was NOT just a local flood but a universal one - and necessitate a NEW HEAVEN.... AND NEW EARTH -- which are now....

Now, the question is.... Do you have any Scripture (even just one) to sustain your objection to my post? :sleep:

#37 4Pillars, Nov 29, 2006
  18. Allan

Allan Active Member

Uh, DUH! It is simply a designation of the before and after concerning the Flood Event. Do you realize this perposterous view HAS NEVER been held by ANYONE until recently. Jesus Himself, the VERY God never insinuated such. The Old world is not a reference to some other world but this world pre-flood that was CHANGED into this post-flood world we NOW live.

BTW there are three heavens discribed in scripture - one is the atmosphere where the fowls fly, the second is where the stars exist, and the third is the dwelling of God and THIS heaven is SPIRITUAL. When we are raptured we will not go to some other planet but INTO HEAVEN (never some planet) and then BACK TO THIS EARTH.

The Old world (that pre-flood world that we no longer are a part of) was distroyed as in all life died, not that the planet was destroyed. Stop adding your herisies to the scripture. It says what it means and means JUST WhAT IT SAYS.

You can believe what ever >>>EDITED OUT<<< (I went just a little overboard - sorry everyone) views you want but do not bring them into a place it HAS NEVER BEEN APART OF in the HISTORY OF CHRISTIANITY nor that of JUDAISM.

The NEW HEAVEN and NEW EARTH are yet future. Of course they ARE NOW because it is not what IT WAS pre-flood. NOTHING You state holds to the rest of scripture.

You have no historical, contextual, nor biblical basis for your herisies of being transfered fro and to a different planet. Keep your New Age views and I'll stand by that which has been the view since Jesus Himself and carried along by the early church fathers until this day.

#38 Allan, Nov 29, 2006
  19. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Wow. After these postings I can understand the profile entry non-denominational.

I'm certain you understand the reception your views received.

20. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    While we DO see Christ as the "Creator of WORLDS" in Heb 1:2-6 -- we have nothing in Genesis 6 telling us that noah was from some other world -

We have nothing in Gen 1-2:3 telling us that this is NOT the creation account of our world.

In fact both OT and NT authors affirm that this is the account of our world and the people we see coming from Adam lived on our world.

In Christ,

Bob