1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Alito

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Kamoroso, Nov 12, 2005.

1. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

It would seem that our nation is on the verge of handing our Supreme Court over to the Church of Rome. The election of Judge Alito to the Supreme Court, would make five out of the nine member court, Roman Catholics. The Church of Rome would then have the majority vote on every issue put to the Supreme Court. In essence, this will be handing over the making, and shaping, of the laws of our land to her. All those who adhere to her dogmas, are subject to the authority of the Pope of Rome.

She came about through political alliances with the kings of this earth. The pinnacle of her power in Europe, were the dark ages of the history of the same. Though she received a mortal wound during the late 1700's, that wound has been healing ever since. She now entertains diplomatic relations with over 170 nations of this earth. She has been, she is, and she ever will be, a political entity of this world. This is why she ever pursues greater power and influence in the same. She does not believe in the separation of church and state. Her rise to power within this country, is in conjunction with the crumbling of the wall which separates the two.

The annals of history testify, that there is no true freedom without a separation of church and state. Maintaining freedom for our future, depends upon remembering the lessons of our past. The following quote is from the late Pope John Paul’s, APOSTOLIC LETTER, DIES DOMINI. This is no doubt, one law that the Church of Rome will work on passing.

"Therefore, also in the particular circumstances of our own time, Christians will naturally strive to ensure that civil legislation respects their duty to keep Sunday holy."

Do you believe that the Church of Rome has changed so much, that she can now be trusted with the control of the civil legislation of our nation? Or have we changed so much, that we are now in agreement with her political aspirations?

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

2. mioque

mioque New Member

Somehow I don't see half the US supreme court justices sneaking away halfway through the deliberations to collectively phone the pope and ask for instructions....

3. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

Do you really think that these Catholic politicians are unaware, and uninformed regarding the Churches stand on the issues? So much so,that they would have to make a phone call to find out what their Churches stand was.

Even if they had no interest in the agenda of their very politically activated Church, the Church would certainly have an interest in their position in government. Certainly enough to keep them informed regarding the issues they wish to be addressed.

The Church of Rome is a politcal machine. It is highly organized, and keeps it's leadership well informed. Roman Catholics that occupy positions of power and influence are certainly not left in the dark concerning the Churches political agenda. Your proposed scenario is not very realistic.

BYe for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

4. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

Much ado about nothing.

5. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

The RRC is a "political entity," will fulfill the Harlot in Rev. 17 and the Pope as the false prophet in Rev. 13.

Typical hogwash from Ellen White and Seventh Day Adventist.

The Antichrist receives the mortal wound not the RCC.

6. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with the majority of the justices on the federal Supreme Court being members of the Catholic Church.

7. Kamoroso

Kamoroso New Member

Here is some more ado about nothing.

Even without Alito, Roman Catholics are the majority in our Supreme Court, including the Chief Justice of the same.

The Senate of our country has more Roman Catholics in it than any other denomination, or religion.

The House of Reps. also has more Roman Catholics than any other denomination or religion.

A Roman Catholic ran for president in the last elections, he didn't win, but I'm sure they are not done yet.

These things are just in our own country, not to mention what is taking place in other couintries of the world. People can stick their heads in the sand if they want to, but when they wake up one morning, and realize that they are subject to the Church of Rome, they will have no one to blame but themselves.

Bye for now. Y. b. in C. Keith

8. mioque

mioque New Member

"Do you really think that these Catholic politicians are unaware, and uninformed regarding the Churches stand on the issues?"
    "
    Better questions. Do they care enough about the RCC's stand on the issues to take them into account when they make decisions*?
    If they do, how problematic is that?
    If they do, how different is that from a SBC/SDA SCOTUS member who takes the opinion of Mohler or White into account?

*After all the RCC opposes the use of birth control pills, the RCC is the religion of the women of Poland and most of them take the pill anyway.

9. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry to disappoint you but the Whore of Babylon would have to swim the Tiber to be able to qualify, as there is only one hill (the Vatican) on the Pope's side of the river as opposed to the classical Seven on the other bank.

10. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Wasn't there worry that the Pope would control the US when Kennedy was elected? Weren't all of the worries for not? I guess some people can't see past their anti-RCC propoganda.

11. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Many people believe that the Pope told Kennedy not to give air cover at the "Bay of Pigs" because the liberating USA would be killing his clientel.

Since Kennedy failed at this momentous time, millions have died because of political beliefs and Christian beliefs and faith. Castro still reigns.

Just a thought.

12. prophecynut

prophecynut New Member

Don't want to hijack this thread so I will reply one time.

Rev. 17:9-10
    This calls for a mind with wisdom, The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits. They are also seven kings. Five have fallen, one is, the other has not yet come; but when he does come, he must remain for a little while. NIV

The seven heads are the same as kings or kindoms.

Hills or mountains represent positions of power.

Five of the 7 hills or kingdoms no longer exist.

The sixth hill or kingdom has never been conquered by another kingdom, it still exists.

The 7th hill or kingdom has expired but will be revived in time for the Tribulation ("a little while").

These hills are symbolic of kingdoms, if they were literal hills, five of the hills would of been permanently levelled, the sixth left standing and the 7th levelled and rebuilt in the future.

The five kingdoms are: Egypt, Assyria, Babylon, Medo-Persian, Greece.

The sixth is Rome.

The 7th has to be one of the first five that have expired, the Assyrian empire will be the one revived in time for the Tribulation.

Rome is revised in the 10 horns.

13. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Doesn't matter. It's all sheer speculation. I'll likely have been dead and gone many generation before Christ comes again.

14. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

I thought the Biblical teaching was that all Christians should wait for His return as though it could be in two minutes from now?

Get prepared to meet Him and flee evil.

Dr. Berrian

15. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

My first thought is that most conservatives want a potential judge to be, first and foremost, "sound", as in not likely to make any decisions which will differ wildly from conservative orthodoxy. Better to appoint a judge that one can rely on not to drift into either activism or liberalism (using those words with the meaning they are usually ascribed when discussing judicial apointments) than one who might do a lot of good for the cause, but might also shift the other way. The second concern is that the judge will consistenly show some sympathy to the sorts of causes agreed upon by all conservatives. Concerns of a minority of conservatives, such as those ideas subscribed to solely by evangelicals, come a poor third. This is perhaps different to politics because of the different voting systems: in politics, if evangelicals have a majority among conservatives, and conservatives have a majority among the whole voting population (be it the House, the Senate or the plebs/ electoral college in a Presidential vote) evangelicals can set the agenda, to an extent. In the courts, a view subscribed to only by conservative evangelicals will not gain a majority of votes; the best it could manage would be 6-3 and 5-4 defeats. Maintaining a 5-4 advantage on the courts for conservatives would be more inportant than maintaning the 30% or so Evangelicals need to politics to force the agenda.

16. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I'm prepared if he comes in the next 30 seconds. But I'm also prepeared if he doesn't come in the next million years.

I'm too busy sharing the first coming to be concerned with the second coming.

17. mioque

mioque New Member

I'd say many people have no idea what they are talking about.

18. hillclimber

hillclimber New Member

I sincerely believe in a rapture and then shortly the return of the Christ in my lifetime, and I'm no spring chicken. A good case can be made for it in the Bible also, no, actually it can be proven, but you have to rightly divide the Word of Truth in order to see it, and that, folks, is not to be tolerated on here.

19. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I have no problem rightly dividing the word of truth. I do, however, have a problem with persons surmising on biblical speculation and passing it off to others as being the word of truth rightly divided. That is, unfortunately, tolerated too much here.

20. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

hillclimber,

I agree with you. I am ready for the Rapture of the church. Our Lord will have to bring this to pass soon if I am to experience this named event. I am 62 years old. Then adding seven years for the Great Tribulation and then the Second Coming brings me up to about 70 years old. Either way I will be resurrected at the 'First Resurrection' of the just [I Corinthians 15].

We all know that noone knows the day or hour of His coming, but even the Apostle Paul looked for this event of the Rapture. It is amazing to me that people like us can and still believe this and place our hope in His perfect ability to bring this to pass in the future.

I have no complaints to bring before His throne. Praise God!