1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All equal in hell?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by mountainrun, Jan 19, 2006.

1. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

It seems as though all of the posters on the "All equal in Heaven" thread agree that not everyone in Heaven will receive equal rewards.

But did you realize that hell is the same in that not all punishment is equal?

Mat 11:21 Woe unto thee, Chorazin! woe unto thee, Bethsaida! for if the mighty works had been done in Tyre and Sidon which were done in you, they would have repented long ago in sackcloth and ashes.

Mat 11:22 But I say unto you, it shall be more tolerable for Tyre and Sidon in the day of judgment than for you.

Mat 11:23 And thou, Capernaum, shalt thou be exalted unto heaven? thou shalt go down unto Hades: for if the mighty works had been done in Sodom which were done in thee, it would have remained until this day.

Mat 11:24 But I say unto you that it shall be more tolerable for the land of Sodom in the day of judgment, than for thee.

This doesn't really matter to Christians I guess,
    but it helps give us insight into how God is just in His punishment as well as His rewards.

I once read a forward in a book..."This life is a placement exam for the next."

MR

2. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Everyone I study on the radio says there different degress of torment in hell too,,,
    but I'm failing the exam still!!!

3. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I pointed this out in a sermon last week, and even though I had mentioned it several times over the last couple of years, there were others that "heard" this for the first time this week.

4. buckster75

buckster75 Member

HOG you got some of them snoozers too?

5. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Are you kidding? I overheard a couple of members talking one day, and one of them said, "What do you think of ...?" "Did he say that?" Then they had a heated discussion with Bible references, at which point they concluded that I was correct, but the second man had not even "heard" it! It was not even a controversial subject in the end.

(Now, the controversial subjects have both ends of those who hear things that aren't there and those who don't hear things that are.)

6. mountainrun

mountainrun New Member

How are you failing the exam, Uncharted?

MR

7. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I mentioned it in my latest post...and I cant repeat myself now becuase the library closes in 12 minutes...

8. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our daughter came home from school all excited about abortion. She pointed out a number of points about the child, how the child developed so early, then some points why she thought abortion had to be wrong. I smiled at her and said, "You know, those points are almost the exact list I used in my sermon last Sunday." To which she replied, "Ohhh"

Who listens? Seldom anyone [​IMG] But now and then.

To the point of the original post I would add:

Rev. 20.12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works . 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works . 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. [​IMG]