1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Fundamental/Independant, KJVO, Premillenial, non-Calvinistic, Baptists post here!

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Blazin4Christ, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Shiloh

Shiloh New Member

If you are what you say you are why are you posting on this board?

2. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

What I meant was: When did fundamentalists start using the NIV?

3. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Real fundamentalists haven't!

4. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

You probably ought to join the church in Mt. Vernon which has planted about two churches per year since it started just about four years ago. In fact they have started one in your area. They are not related to Rick Warren and are bold and excited about serving God. What God is doing in and through them is incredible. But if you do come get ready to work. Lazy people don't stay. There is too much excitement for someone to feel comfortable being lazy and be a complainer.

Take a look at http://www.ctkonline.com/ctkchurch/ctk_main.html

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Contrary to the belief of some (please see the CAT of Truth Thread at the top of the forum.), the fundamentalist view of Bibliology is not based on the KJVO position.

FAIR WARNING, if this thread drifts into a Trans\Vers food fight, it will be closed without further warning.
    Robertsson
    </font>[/QUOTE]What is wrong with discussing KJVO this is what the request was. To threat to close the thread doesen't make since just because you don't like it. Thats like being a bully on the school yard I'll take my ball and go home.

Bob C
    </font>[/QUOTE]This is not the versions thread. My co-moderator doesn't need to threaten to "take his ball and go home" because moderators on this board act as agents of the owner of the board. It is more like,"If you can't play by the rules, give me my ball and you can go home."

6. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

C4K,
    Okay I'll ask you since you answered why can't a person talk about KJVO if thats what they believe. That is what was asked. What does it matter to you? if thats what we talk about just because you don't agree. This is the first place where discussion is limited to what the leaders agree with. This is the first place where the leaders have put down in stone this is what a fundamentalist is, which is wrong by the way a true fundamentalist is one that uses the KJV.

Bob C

7. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

We have a forum for that discussion, please use it.

If not, than face the sanctions Squire mentioned.

8. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

So even though this says "Topic: All Fundamental/Independant, KJVO, Premillenial, non-Calvinistic, Baptists post here!" it's ok to post as long as the KJV isn't mentioned?

Why does this board have such a bias against us Bible believers?

9. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Wish the mv lovers would stop being so antagonistic, and trying to cause divisions everywhere.

10. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Please Post Away. Just keep in mind there are more appropriate venues to discuss some topics in more depth. If you only want to chime in with a "that's me" post go ahead. But, I'll put the kibbosh on posts from either side that seek to turn this thread into a Versions\Translations thread.
    Keith Robertsson (who still has his newsletters from the Dean Burgeon Society in the Files and whose copy of Revision Revised has pride of place in his library.)

11. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Yeah whatever.

12. Terry_Herrington

Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway?

13. Terry_Herrington

Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway?

14. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the typical abuse of power that the mods here love to display.

15. Bob Colgan

Bob Colgan New Member

Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the typical abuse of power that the mods here love to display. </font>[/QUOTE]You know I thought it was just me, I'm some what new but I thought these moderators are on a power trip. They close down boards are threaten to as far as I can tell many times because they disagree with the doctrine. If your not a KJVO fine but let people talk about it debate it if it gets dirty then close it down. Get over yourself I' going to go eat dinner I think my wife made "KIBBOSH" should be good.

Bob C

16. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey, all I'm asking is that you keep the ball between the lines. Otherwise, I'll call it foul or out of bounds depending on your game of choice. I thought that's what umps and refs were there for.

17. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question to "post here" is just to identify yourself, to see fellow travelers who believe the kjvo arminian position among Baptists.

So folks are posting "yea" or "nay". That's all.

You want to discuss the "only" position? Go to the Versions Forum and fire away.

You want to discuss "arminian only" position? Go to the Calvinist/Arminian Forum and fire away.

18. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    BTW, I personally (I'm not the moderator here, so won't make rules) would not allow a NON-fundamentalist to post here.

That would, by definition, eliminate the KJVOnly sect who do not hold the first of the basic fundamentals of the Niagara Conference 1890. Sorry. (We have a topic on "Are KJVonly Truly Fundamentalist?" in the Versions forum if you've gotten hackles up over this).

So be thankful the more tolerant moderators here will let you post at all.

19. Jim Ward

Jim Ward New Member

Oh no, not the dreaded kibbosh! BTW, what is a kibbosh anyway? </font>[/QUOTE]It's the typical abuse of power that the mods here love to display. </font>[/QUOTE]You know I thought it was just me, I'm some what new but I thought these moderators are on a power trip. They close down boards are threaten to as far as I can tell many times because they disagree with the doctrine. If your not a KJVO fine but let people talk about it debate it if it gets dirty then close it down. Get over yourself I' going to go eat dinner I think my wife made "KIBBOSH" should be good.

Bob C
    </font>[/QUOTE]No Bob it's not just you. In fact, before I had my membership suspended and then took a vacation from here, there were several complaining baout the abuse. I remember pointing it out and the clear bias of ALL the moderators, at that time, against the Bible believers view. The result? I got suspended, which only serves to prove that the accusations were true. And since I am again pointing it out, I expect to either be suspended or removed for good, since I am now "touching the lord's annointed."

Jim

20. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Well, Jim, not only that, you are being disobedient to God by resisting the authority which you agreed to submit to, and by rejecting the biblical doctrine of Scripture. You are not a "Bible believer" if you are KJVO. Period. The Bible does not support that doctrine and Bible believers do not believe it.

You would do well to reexamine your commitment to God's word and abide by it, rather than making these false accusations. There is no glory when you are buffetted for your own faults.