1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured All hail the Emperor ....

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, Nov 20, 2014.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You'll have to make a better case for it than that to convince me. They're too worried about their own little power slot. Every power of theirs they yield to an imperial president, is one less they have. Regardless of party. Right now, I believe Obama is causing some democrats to worry about the same thing.

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I want to hear something nonsensical and imbecilic from MW, I'd remove him from ignore! He's on ignore because nothing of value has ever materializes from his mind. :laugh: Pretty much like the person who just resonded to MW. :smilewinkgrin:

3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He's got a law degree and is surrounded by legal advisors. I'd trust that he probably has a better handle on what he can/cannot legally do than would most of his naysayers

That would be consistent with other Presidents as well. So what's the gripe?

4. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

How is it illegal? Some folks think the current Supreme Court already has set up what he did as legal.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/11/19/3594160/the-roberts-court-has-already-said-that-obama-has-the-power-to-issue-his-immigration-order/

Just because people don't like it does not make it illegal.

They'll have a hard time rescinding the executive power that Congress granted.

He ain't doing nothing that both sides ain't aiding him to do.

Naah. The GOP is just used to folks playing nice when they think the "power"is being shared.

I've said for decades that if you believe in what you're doing, ain't no need to "reach across the aisle" and compromise. Especially with folks who want the same thing s that you do but just can't admit it. :laugh:

They're all in cahoots.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hail the King .... long live the King!

"¡Viva el Emperador Obama!" Salve el nombre del gran Obama! Obama es nuestro Rey! Obama es el hombre da!

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are right about this .... which is why we need to clean house. From POTUS on down. Throw them all out and start anew! If that means a revolution, than so be it! Nothing will get any better than it is right now, and the truth is, it is only ging to get worse.

7. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Obama does not have advisers. He has political ideologues who are yes men. Then there is Valerie Jarrett who is actually the President.

8. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Obama was such a "Constitutional Scholar" then how come he needed to do such a flip flop on executive orders.

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “I take the Constitution very seriously. The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with [the president] trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all. And that’s what I intend to reverse when I’m President of the United States of America.” (3/31/08) ~ Barack Hussein Obama

10. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “[T]here are those in the immigrants’ rights community who have argued passionately that we should simply provide those who are [here] illegally with legal status, or at least ignore the laws on the books and put an end to deportation until we have better laws. … I believe such an indiscriminate approach would be both unwise and unfair. It would suggest to those thinking about coming here illegally that there will be no repercussions for such a decision.And this could lead to a surge in more illegal immigration. And it would also ignore the millions of people around the world who are waiting in line to come here legally. Ultimately, our nation, like all nations, has the right and obligation to control its borders and set laws for residency and citizenship. And no matter how decent they are, no matter their reasons, the 11 million who broke these laws should be held accountable.” (7/1/10)~Barack Hussein Obama

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “America is a nation of laws, which means I, as the President, am obligated to enforce the law. I don’t have a choice about that. That’s part of my job. But I can advocate for changes in the law so that we have a country that is both respectful of the law but also continues to be a great nation of immigrants. … With respect to the notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order, that’s just not the case, because there are laws on the books that Congress has passed …. [W]e’ve got three branches of government. Congress passes the law. The executive branch’s job is to enforce and implement those laws. And then the judiciary has to interpret the laws. There are enough laws on the books by Congress that are very clear in terms of how we have to enforce our immigration system that for me to simply through executive order ignore those congressional mandates would not conform with my appropriate role as President.” (3/28/11)~Barack Hussein Obama

12. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    “I know some here wish that I could just bypass Congress and change the law myself. But that’s not how democracy works. See, democracy is hard. But it’s right. Changing our laws means doing the hard work of changing minds and changing votes, one by one.” (4/29/11)~Barack Hussein Obama

13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Re: posts 29-32, it's just amazing that so many are just like the front wheels of a car - all the ZERO has to do is turn the steering wheel, and the front wheels change direction at his command.
    No questions, no checking the validity of change, not even sure what the change is; just so long as it's CHANGE!!!!
    The lack of confirmation of just precisely what CHANGE is should have stopped the ZERO in his tracks in '08, but the Pied Piper is just as effective to many now as he was then.
    Hope for this nation is gone unless we get God back into our culture - which ain't looking very likely right now.

14. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Now THIS we agree upon. I just don't think that has anything to do with what the President is doing.

There's nearly 16 million Southern Baptist and 46000+ congregations. If loving Christ and other people were our focus, we could be more influential than one President to really show the United States WHO Hope and Change should really be about.

#34 Zaac, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 21, 2014