1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All I want for Christmas is...

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Sep 15, 2004.

1. DavidsAngel

DavidsAngel Guest

I have two passions my husband and my kids [​IMG]

To be honest I collect teddybears and jeanette oke books [​IMG]

2. TaterTot

TaterTot Guest

I like just about anything! I love candles and coffee cups, picture frames, and good smelling antibacterial hand stuff. Also love homemade things! If you are from outside the US, I collect cookbooks from other countries.
    I have two little girls (2 and 3) and I am always on the lookout for Spanish and Portuguese children's books (ebay)and cute craft things for us to make together.
    If this isnt enuf info, have a buddy ask me what ya want to know!!

This is so fun!

3. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

Ladies:

Please feel free to PM or email me if you want to find out something specific about your Secret Pal.

§ue [​IMG]

4. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

NOT Vanilla, Elnora. That's the only one I cannot enjoy.

5. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Hi girls,

Sorry Diane, leave it to me to get the scent wrong. You like spice? Ok I am having a hard time thinking of things I like this year... I really really want an old potato peeler. I mean the ugly old kind that really work. Mine disappeared and all the new ones aren't sharp and the handles feel awkward in my hand. Kinda like a pre-schoolers crayon. [​IMG] How exciting for my secret pal to think about, huh!

I have to get ready for my littlest grandson's birthday party but I will be back with some ideas for my secret pal. In the meantime tell us more, ladies! You all know I love this exchange. So much fun!

[​IMG]

6. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess I need to be more specific. :cool:

I like OLd Timey gospel music. I play piano and sing too. I like the Denver Broncos (smile) and I collect sand painted animals, any size and shape, but they are too expensive for this exchange. I use my computer a lot, and computer stationary is a good thing.....hmmmm....I am a Grandma, and I also like wind chimes....

Does that help?

Debbie in SW COlorado

7. I Am Blessed 24

Now, Debbie! You KNOW your Secret Pal can't answer that question! If she did - she wouldn't be 'secret' any longer. [​IMG]

8. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, I dunno.... :rolleyes:

I am so tired, I had a yard sale today, and now I am at work til 2 AM (police dispatcher 911 EMS fire all that) and I have to get up and be at church at 9:30 to practice the trio we are singing in the service tomorrow. I plan on sleeping at least 5 hours tonight!!!

Debbie

9. dianetavegia

dianetavegia Guest

Elnora, I prefer spice (but not citrus) or flowery smells (prefer) but not many food smells. I've had banana nut bread, pumpkin pie, etc. candles and they made me hungry all the time. LOL

Lavendar, Wisteria, Lilac, Peony, roses, apple, orange blossom, CHRISTMAS SCENTS, etc.

10. savedgirl63026

savedgirl63026 New Member

I love candles! Candles are a good thing!

11. Elnora

Elnora New Member

Favorite colors are cobalt, sapphire blue, cherry red and spruce green.

Kitchen is black beige and red(decorating it in cherries)
    I collect big cats, my favorites are bengal tigers and cougars.
    I like white tatted & crocheted doiles.
    That's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps my secret pal. [​IMG]

12. delly

delly New Member

I forgot to say that I can't have anything scented. I am allergic to candles and any strong scent. I get headaches and my throat closes up and I can't breathe, so nothing scented please.

I also collect stuffed animals and I like Southern Gospel music.

13. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My favorite fragrances for candles are cookies, vanilla, banana bread, those types....Just thought I would tack that on for my secret pal. :D

14. Debby in Philly

Debby in Philly Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oops! Forgot one thing to add to my previous post. I'm also a cat person!

15. delly

delly New Member

Sue, thanks for emailing me. This is all you never really wanted to know about delly, but HEY, you asked. [​IMG]

I am 58 years young, divorced, got one overgrown kid (he's 32 and still at home). I'm deffinately still a tomboy. I love Native American jewerly (mostly small feather style earrings and dream catcher earrings, nothing large), because my grandmother was Cherokee.
    I am a country gal and like the country look in just about everything. I am deffinately not hard to please (as long as something doesn't have a scent to it). I am into genealogy, music, and collecting American Art pottery.
    I collect Rooster and Hen figurines and Chicken salt and pepper shakers. I also collect the old cast iron trivets, but they are a little hard to mail. LOL I have a large collection of wall pockets and cast iron match holders from the early 20th. century.
    I love crocheted doilies and the old dresser scarves with needlework designs. I love crystal animal figurines in clean, blue or green. I love butterfly pins and I also collect those, along with old costume jewerly brooches. I also collect jewerly boxes and have all of mine from when I was growing up (one with a music box from my first boyfriend when I was 15). I also love small music boxes.
    I can't think of much more. I'm just country, country, country with a love of collecting. I have almost 400 pieces of Royal Copley pottery, which was made in the 40s - 50s in Ohio. I also have about 150 chicken figurines, two sets of dishes with Roosters on them, 100 glass animal figurines and 150 trivets.

Oh, I also collect all kinds of stuffed animals, not just teddy bears. I love them all, especially baby tigers and pandas.

I am really getting excited about this secret pal thing. This is great and I already have some ideas about what I'm going to get my secret pal.

All I want for Christmas is: A friend.

16. I Am Blessed 24

Now that's what I call thorough and specific!

Thank you! :D

17. dcorbett

dcorbett Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So when we mail the gift - - should we reveal who we are in the package? I mean, in my case, it will be hard to disguise, because my gift will definitely reveal who I am anyway. :cool:

And mail before Dec 15th, but don't mail until ???? would be a good idea, right?

Debbie C

18. I Am Blessed 24

Your Secret Pal should find out who you are when she receives your gift.

Also, if it is a Christmas decoration - be sure to tell your secret pal that she may open it when she receives it...

Gifts may be mailed anytime, but it is awfully hard not to open them before Christmas if received too early!

Last year, we had ladies counting down the minutes until Christmas so they could open their gift!

I was one of them! [​IMG]

19. donnA

donnA Active Member

And some didn't make it.

20. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I like surprises.