1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All I Want For Christmas

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by th1bill, Dec 5, 2010.

1. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Psa. 27:4 One thing have I asked of Jehovah, that will I seek after; That I may dwell in the house of Jehovah all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of Jehovah, And to inquire in his temple. (ASV)

Today my Pastor preached from this one verse of scripture a powerful and meaningful sermon. I would like to think that there are many in the world today that can make use of what I heard in this lesson. These words are the thoughts of the great King David of Israel. I noted that Doug was cautioning us to beware of misplaced expectations and with that in mind, note, this is my thoughts and not a transcript of his sermon.

He interacted with the Church Body and we all were carried back to the days we courted our mates to remember the overly high expectations we carried before we truly knew our mates from real life experiences. And then there is the comparison of what we want for Christmas as opposed to what we receive and there are many more examples that if dwelt on will send one to the doctor for drugs to battle the depression.

Now, for just a moment, reread the passage from Psalms again. David went to the one true factor in anyone's life... God! Unlike the way we never seem to manage to live up to the expectations our Mother's, our Dad,s, wives, children, bosses and even friends, God never fails! And David had the good sense to want what God wants for everyone of us. David did not just want to walk with God but, rather he wanted to live forever in God's house!

God sent His only begotten Son to the Earth to undo the mess that Satan and Adam had made in the Garden and at the appointed time, we, the Human Race, crucified Him on a Roman Cross. And because Jesus paid the penalty for our sins (if we will just be smart enough to accept it) we can now have direct access to the Throne Room of the Father! Yes, we must make this journey through this life into the next but we need not do it alone.

Since the day of my conversion, January 1, 1990, I have not walked nor have I gone anywhere alone. No matter where I go and no matter what I do the Holy Spirit of God is there with me, helping me to cope and to live for God. This Christmas Season, it is my prayer that each of you learn the unfounded depth of this passage and of the Bible and that you walk with God.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Bill thank you for the prayer. Feel free to personalize it to me. I too pray that the heart and understanding of this Psalm fills my being to the fullest. :praying: God bless.

3. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know that it's much less personal than in person but it's been prayed.