1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All kinds of ads seen at this site

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by BobRyan, Oct 29, 2006.

1. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  2. donnA

donnA Active Member

Seems there are excessive ads on this site now a days. I've seen pro muslim advertising, among other questionable and unbiblical ads. The BB sure isn't what it used to be, it's purpose has changed.

3. dispen4ever

dispen4ever New Member

Ja, something is wrong here. Why these un-Christian ads? Are $$$$ driving the Baptist board? Any $$$$?

4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Frankly I am glad to see them sponsoring the BB.

5. Chemnitz

Chemnitz New Member

Never really spent much time looking at the ads. I do know that the board does not control the content of the ads, Google controls it. While Google does try to do a good job in matching up websites with appropriate ad content they are not always successfull. Some of this could be due to the keywords used by both the advertiser and the respective website. I will have to say I thought it was funny to see a Catholic dating service adverting on the Baptist Board. :laugh:

Don't forget these ads are making it possible for the Baptist Board to remain a free service. Operating a site of this magnatude is not cheap.

6. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

Well why dont we try to think of it like this... Baptists believe their beliefs are correct. So the more different denominations, etc put their ads on here, the more advertisement the Baptist Board gets in return, if they are those kind of ads where you trade space.

I have a web design site, and a religious Christian site. Some witches actually have used my website templates on their site with a link back to mine in return. The way I look at it is lots of witches will be going to my Christian site.

and most people nowdays realize you gotta keep your site going and the ads aren't necessarily something you sanction anyway.

7. genesis 12-15

genesis 12-15 New Member

Well, shucks folks, let's have a beer bust. Or lets provide the booze down there in the park where the winos pass out. We'll have an opportunity to talk to a bunch of drunk folks about God. Whoopee. Or we could serve mixed drinks during church services.

1 Whynotdoit 4:15 : Be ye therefore jumping in bed with the devil in hopes to win him over. Song: "There'll be a hot time in the old town tonight."

8. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Are Bible believing baptists becoming beer boozin' besprinkled believers?

;)

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Only if they're spirit filled.:tongue3:

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Then I would have to assume that everyone is willing to pay a fee to belong?

Someone has to pay the bills - is everyone willing to help?

11. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I would say thats what it's all about...

Mt:9:10: And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.
    Mt:9:11: And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
    Mt:9:13: But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.