1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Sin Begins In The Mind

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by tyndale1946, Dec 28, 2021.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Matthew 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:

5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

5:30 And if thy right hand offend thee, cut it off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

James 1:14 But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

1:15 Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

James 1:13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man

I didn't know what I fight was until I became a Christian many years ago and as the scriptures state we have constant warfare and as well seasoned mature followers know the Lion who goes about seeking whom he may devour NEVER rests... No man sins without it starting somewhere, weather they are sins of omission or sins of commission... And as I heard preacher many years ago say, there are three people we can blame when we sin... We can claim the phrase of Flip Wilson... The Devil made me do it!... Or we can go the opposite direction and blame GOD but there is a third person who is more to blame than all... Just look in the mirror... And if anyone thinks they are better than anyone else... We all walk with feet of clay!... Your thoughts???... Brother Glen:)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. DaveXR650

DaveXR650 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    1 Corinthians 6:18 expresses where sin originates, however there is a single exception.

In the first part of the paragraph, a discussion of unity is presented:
    15Do you not know that your bodies are members of Christ? Shall I then take the members of Christ and unite them with a prostitute? Never! 16Or don’t you know that he who unites himself with a prostitute is one with her in body? For it is said, “The two will become one flesh.” 17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with Him in spirit.
    Sometimes folks separate this point into another paragraph, but I do not. For the writer is still about unity.

18Flee from sexual immorality. Every other sin a man can commit is outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. 19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; 20you were bought at a price. Therefore glorify God with your body.

I do realize that some also present that the writer is using the word “body” regards the assembly.

I do not for the following reasons:
    1) The church assembly does not engage in prostitution, individuals do.
    2) When one unites with a prostitute they become “one flesh.” Again the assembly does not become one flesh with a prostitute.
    3) In verse18, the sin of “a” man…. Again the assembly is not a single person but a gathering.
    4) Therefore, it must follow that the writer continues addressing the body of a single person as being a temple of the Holy Spirit, that the individual was bought with a price, that the individual has no ownership over himself, and therefore should glorify The Lord in his body -that individual’s body.
    Sin comes from the enticing of the world to join intimately, and so sin begins outside the body, EXCEPT one.

That exception is sexual immorality. Sexual immorality starts in the very core (heart) of a person and rots them from within.

All outside sin can overtake one by exposing an unaware weakness or propensity that has been left unguarded.

No one is taken by surprise by sexual immorality.