1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

All Storywriters needed!

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by UnchartedSpirit, Jan 17, 2006.

1. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

I am trying to make a comic called the Omega Vixen. I'm sure it dosen't sound very inviting a comic for most of you, but there's a great idea behind this title! I was studying about how canines have this natural order of dominance and in a pack there is usually one member who is always the lowest but always playes a tender role mainly the family caretaker. Sorta like a shepard? So I want to place that fact into an anthropormosized society exaggerating a little the dog-eat-dog competiveness that exists especially in urban cities, and then I bring in this character who has a disibility characterized with canines-SRD-Submissive Recessive Disorder. Basically she has no aggressive tendencies in her nature, which of course, makes it harder for her to 'get ahead' in the world. Of coarse she has the sister who's the exact opposite a adolscent teenager to boot, she would be the one always pushing thru everything to get what she wants, but her little SRD sister would be her weakness, she loves to protect little things anyway. The stories theme would be that humility can even overcome much less match up to aggression and force when it comes to survival and bayond it. The problem is I can't come up with enough stories or senarios of this taking place. Oh, and the parents are aggressors also, trying to hold a status quo of being an all superior family in their community, at work, and elsewhere. Yet they can't seem to get their daughter to behave the same and 'aggresive therapy' isn't working either. That's basicially the setup. I'm still working on character profiles, which means I have yet to know what they actually look like. But I still need as much help as I can get. So tell me what you think, like, or want to change, I'm all for considering it at the time. Of course, send in your scenarios for Omega Vixen!

2. UnchartedSpirit

UnchartedSpirit New Member

Okay, how about this one:

So I was going over dog breeds to use as various characters for certain stories, and I came across the Chinese Crested. So where has that dog been all my life? Anyway I though of making him one of those mopy dogs with low self-esteem for himself because of his fraility. He also blaims his owner for being a Crested, and tries to run off with other dogs and the like. Then a wise Shar-Pei (his closest friend because that breed has a lot of shoulders to lean on. As well as several chins, ankles...) comes and shows him the ones (us) who serve God, and basicially says that God makes these people into different situtations, yet they stil trust in His love. So shoud his role be to serve and protect his owner in turst of his love and return the favor to him. So yeah, I'll need Focus or Max Locato to publish this one. Anyway the end goes he saves his owners from some trauma and also wins over a mate afterwards. Not bad right? But anyway I still haven't been able to name them, place the settings, or place these dogs in character....